ACCA Hong Kong was established in 1950. Since then it has grown into a big entity in the domain of accounting. Every year, thousands of professionals enroll into ACCA Hong Kong to learn skills which will give a boost to their career.
Here are some key facts about ACCA Hong Kong
- ACCA is the oldest global accounting body to enter China.
- Currently there are 24,000 members in ACCA Hong Kong who have successfully completed their qualifications from ACCA.
- There are 71,000 students who are currently pursuing ACCA with ACCA Hong Kong.
- ACCA Hong Kong has 10 offices in following locations: Hong Kong, Beijing, Shenyang, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Shanghai, Wuhan, Guangzhou and Macau.
Why ACCA is so popular in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong follows Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards (HKFRS), which is modelled after International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). Here are some key facts about the accounting industry in Hong Kong.
- Global accounting firms (big 4 & others) dominate the Hong Kong’s professional services market.
- Blue chip companies of Hong Kong hire the big international firms for their auditing and accounting needs.
- Smaller companies and business owners hire other smaller accounting and auditing firms
- Hong Kong exports accounting services to other countries. The net export of accounting services is close to $250 million USD per year.
Hope you have understood why accounting is so popular in Hong Kong. And, ACCA qualified professionals are the pioneers in the accounting industry, which makes ACCA so popular.
How to become an accounting professional in Hong Kong?
If you are from China, then you can enroll under ACCA Hong Kong and pass all the exams of ACCA. You will be the most preferred candidate in any job relating to accounting after you receive the ACCA qualification.
If you are not from China, then you can enroll under ACCA in your home country and pass all the exams of ACCA. The syllabus of ACCA is of international standards, and you will get decent career opportunity irrespective of your country of origin.
Expected Salary for ACCA qualified professionals in Hong Kong
A certified accountant starts his career at a salary of HK$ 250K per year. With the experience of 5 years, one can expect a salary of HK$ 600K per year. This salary is equivalent to $ 75,000 in USA and 50 Lakh Rupees in India.
Few Important Links for ACCA Exam 2017 | 2018
|ACCA Exam Dates||ACCA Results||ACCA Exemptions|
|ACCA Past Papers||ACCA Jobs||ACCA Registration|
|ACCA Exam Fees||ACCA Pass Rates||ACCA Results|