Students these days are very confused about their career after Bcom. There are basically three kinds of courses in Bcom, both of them are undergraduate courses in the field of commerce, there are three most popular courses under Bcom, which are Bcom-General, Bcom (Honours) and Bcom LLB. A major difference between these courses is that the level of study in Bcom (Hons) and Bcom LLB is higher than that in Bcom General. If a student chooses Bcom as a career option than it is a very smart decision as Bcom is one of the most trending courses for commerce students after 12th. But if you have little knowledge about what’s happening in the market, then only doing graduation is not enough. You should have an idea of what can be done after Bcom. Bcom or Bachelor of Commerce is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in Accounting, Business Law, Economics, Taxation, Insurance, and Management. Students can also pursue a career in management, teaching, advertising, law, marketing, journalism, mass communication, design, etc. Hence, your career after Bcom should also be in line with your area of interest. Here, in this article, SuperProfs will help you understand the best career opportunities after Bcom. In this article you will get to learn about :
- Career after Bcom (During or After)
- Bcom job opportunities and salary
- Benefits of pursuing Bcom
Simply completing Bcom with a great score will not ensure success in your career. You need to think further ahead to be in a position to have a better career after Bcom. Bcom is a very lucrative course. You need to have the grit to hold on to the career till the end to reap all the benefits. Think of Bcom as a beginning, or rather a really good beginning of an even better career ahead.
Career after Bcom (During or After Bcom)
Some of the most common courses pursued by students after Bcom are listed below
- CA (Chartered Accountancy): This is the most popular and common career after Bcom. While a lot of youngsters are confused about what is the scope of CA, we can tell you that the scope of CA is not just limited to accounting firms or jobs in the financial services sector. A CA has a variety of career options to foray into such as joining the Big 4 audit firms in the world. Talking of roles that a CA could eventually take up in an organization, a CA can provide a host of consultancy services ranging from tax services, financial consulting, management consulting and audits. If a student enrolls for CA after completing Bcom, then he/she doesn’t need to sit for the entry-level exam CPT (Common Proficiency Test) or CA Foundation if they have 55%. Students can even opt for CA after any graduation, provided the need to have at least 60% in their graduation.
- MBA (Masters of Business Administration): If you want to continue your career after Bcom in the business field, then MBA is the best option for you. Average Salary after completing MBA ranges from 6 lacs to 12 lacs and above. After completing the MBA course, you are sure to find high profile jobs in private sectors.
- Mcom (Masters of Commerce): A whole lot of students go for Mcom after they do their Bcom. M.Com is a master’s degree course after Bcom and is one of the best options for your career after Bcom in which you can choose from many specializations such as Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Finance, etc. It is advised to do M.Phil. or Ph.D. to make more value of the course. Another approach for your career after Bcom is that a student can go for Mcom along with CA or any other courses. Only doing M.Com has little or no value even after Bcom’s graduation. Definitely, you will get a lot of knowledge doing Mcom, but as a student, we always evaluate each and everything from our perspective to make a career and getting a decent placement with a good salary.
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant): If you plan to go global or work in some of the top MNCs of the world, then an international certification is the right choice for your career after Bcom. CMA is offered by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), USA and the content is regularly reviewed by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA). To become a CMA, you need to clear two examinations. CMA shows your professional expertise in analysis, financial planning, decision support, control, and professional ethics which makes you a preferred choice for potential employers.
- CS (Company Secretary): Company Secretary (CS) is one of the principal posts in a company. A Company Secretary (CS) is responsible for the efficient administration of a company, with regard to ensuring consent with legal and managerial requirements and also for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented correctly. The role is not secretarial of a Company Secretary despite what the name suggests. A Company Secretary (CS) ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented. A CS is responsible for completing the company’s tax returns, keep the company’s records, advise the board of directors and ensuring that the company complies with legal and statutory regulations. CS is a great option if you wish to build a career after B.Com in the administration field.
Other Courses during or after B.com
These are some of the most common options for a career after Bcom. Also, there are some not so common courses students pursue during or after Bcom. These courses are beneficial too if a student takes things into stride and pursues them with utmost sincerity. Some of these courses are listed below :
- Digital Marketing
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- SCM (Supply Chain Management)
- Stock Broking
Bcom Job Opportunities and Salary
|Course||Eligibility||Duration||Top Employers||Avg.Salary Range|
|CA||Graduation +2.5 yrs Work Experience||3 years||HDFC, Deloitte, EY, Tata, Accenture||7 lacs to 20 lacs|
|MBA||Graduation and above||3 years||Amazon, JP Morgan, Microsoft, Accenture||6 lacs to 10 lacs|
|Mcom||Graduation||2 years||TCS, Infosys BOP, Genpact, EY, WNS||3 lacs to 5 lacs|
|CMA||Graduation +2 yrs Work Experience||6 months or more||Cognizant, KPMG International, DHL||5 lacs to 8 lacs|
|CS||Graduation and above||3 years||Opulence, JRA, TCS, Reliance Industry||2 lacs to 18 lacs|
Benefits of Pursuing Bcom
If a student pursues this course, then he/she will gain theoretical knowledge and interpretive skills that may help in areas of employment at various levels. Bcom aims at providing comprehensive insights into accounting, finance, taxation, law and so on. Professional students get the opportunity to learn about computerized accounting. The salary of the candidates would vary from department to department. Candidates having less experience may get profitable pay. Salaries after Bcom depends on the nature of the organization and the type of job. However, it ranges from Rs 10,000 to 25,000 per month for a fresher. The average salary of a CA in the company is around 5 lakh to 10 lakh per annum.
Conclusion We can conclude by saying that just completing your graduation is not enough for a great career after Bcom. You do need greater knowledge to face the strong competition that stands ahead of you in every field. The most important question that needs to be answered is – Which is the right course for a good career after Bcom for you?
There are a lot of options in various different sectors if you have completed your Bcom, it is up to you to select the sector which you are most interested in, and this article will guide you to choose the right career path for you. If you chose Bcom in your interest, then the most common option is accounting, but students may choose various different sectors like finance, Business Law, Economics, Taxation, etc.
Feel free to leave your queries or thoughts in the comment section below, and we’ll try our best to respond to everyone. If you need help with Bcom preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ Bcom Exam Expert.
Also, you may begin your preparation with Bcom Free Trial Classes.
Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline