Accounting Technician Course Full Structure :
A student who has passed Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto can register for Accounting Technician Course (ATC) either exclusively or with the option of Intermediate (IPC) Course.
A candidate who opts exclusively for Accounting Technician Course and register to the course, required to undergo a study course of eight months, 35 hours Orientation Programme and 100 hours ITT before appearing in Accounting Technician Examination (ATE). It is to be noted that Group I of Intermediate (IPC) Course is equivalent to ATC. After passing Accounting Technician Examination (ATE), he will also be required to complete 12 months of work experience, as per the guidelines of the Council and on production of a certificate to this effect; he will be issued Accounting Technician Certificate.
Requirements to become a Accounting Technician:
How to become an Accounting Technician (Accounting Technician Course)
- · Enrol for Common Proficiency Test (CPT), after passing Class 10 examination.
- · Appear and pass in CPT after appearing in Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination. However one should pass both CPT and 10+2 examination before registering for ATC.
- · Enrol for Accounting Technician Course (ATC).
- · Successfully complete 8 months of study course from the date of registration for the ATC.
- · Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering topics, such as, personality development, communication skills, office procedures, business environment, general commercial knowledge etc.
- · Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT).
- · Pass ATE (Group I of Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination).
- · Group I is composed of four papers.
- · Successfully complete one year work experience under chartered accountant in practice or in industry.
- · Get Accounting Technician Certificate.
- · Designate as “Accounting Technician”.
How to become a CA, even after becoming Accounting Technician
- · Enrol in Group II of Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.
- · Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years.
- · Undergo GMCS I (15 days) during the 1st year of practical training.
- · Pass Group II of Intermediate (IPC) Examination.
- Undergo GMCS II (15 days) after completion of 18 months of articled training but before completion of practical training
- · Appear in CA Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of practical training.
- · Complete Advanced Course on Information Technology Training during the third year of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- · Pass both the Groups of CA Final examination.
- · Complete 3 years period of practical training.
- · Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT FOR REGISTRATION
ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION/ REQUIREMENT TO ENROL FOR ATC :
a. A candidate is eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course (ATC) on passing the Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.
b. A candidate who has already passed Entrance Examination or Foundation Examination or Professional Education (Examination-I) shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.
c. A candidate who was already registered for erstwhile Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ Intermediate (Professional Competence) Course shall be eligible for enrolment to Accounting Technician Course subject to complying with relevant conditions. Students who have registered for the Intermediate (IPC) course without the option of ATC can also opt Accounting Technician Course subsequently.
A student should submit filled-in registration forms for Accounting Technician Course supplied along with Prospectus available at sales counter of decentralized offices, the cost of Prospectus is Rs. 100/- or can downloaded the from Institute’s website www.icai.org to the concerned Regional Office in consonance with the address. On receipt of filled-in form and requisite fee, the appropriate decentralized office will issue study materials for ATC and subsequently issue registration letter.
Students on successful completion of 12 months work experience required to submit prescribed Application Form (link: http://184.108.40.206/14835ATC.pdf ) to the concerned Regional Office so as process and forward the same to Examination Division for issue of “Accounting Technician Certificate”.
Please comment if any above mentioned links are not working and other updates about ATC which are not mentioned here.
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for CA/CS/CMA. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.