CA i.e. Chartered Accountant is basically a registered member of ICAI (Institutes of Chartered Accountants in India). These persons work in areas of finance, audit, tax, general management etc. As of 2017 there are around 230,000 registered people who have successfully completed their CA articleship and their final exam.
CA has basically 4 levels:
- CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
- 2. IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
- 3. 3 years of CA Articleship
- CA Final Exam
Also Read: How to Become CA Qualified
The CA articleship is for 3 years in India while it may be different for other countries. In India, the CA firms for articleship have to be registered under ICAI. Also, there are a number of firms but CA articleship in big 4 are considered prestigious i.e. Deloitte, PwC, EY & KPMG. Furthermore, the CA articleship stipend is different for different years and depends on the city you live in.
List of firms for CA Articleship in India:
The Big 4 Firms for CA Articleship:
- Deloitte – As it has been in the number one position, it is known as one of the best CA firms for articleship. It is a UK based company and in 2016 it was declared as one of the top 100 companies to work in. Furthermore, CA articleship in big 4 would be considered as excellent by many people while recruiting jobs.
- PwC (Pricewaterhouse Coopers) – It is in the number 2 position and CA articleship stipend for the big 4 is a little bit more than the others. It has a presence in more than 700 locations with around 220,000 people. It was formed as a merger between 2 companies i.e. Coopers and Lybrand, Pricewaterhouse around the year 1988. It is present in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai etc.
- EY (Ernst & Young) – It has been in number 3 position for many years and it has more than 700 offices. It was founded in 1849 and the company has different structures in different countries, like in India it is an LLP. It provides services like tax advisory, consulting etc. EY has a presence in cities like Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Trivandrum etc.
- KPMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) – It is in number 4 position and the oldest component of the organization is as old as 1918 and the recent one is because of a merger between 2 companies 30 years back. The number of employees is a little less than the top 3 which is around 180,000.
The rest few firms are:
- BDO International (Binder Dijker Otte)
- Grant Thornton International
- RSM International
- SS Kothari
- Lodha & Co.
- Sahni Natrajan & Bahl (SNB)
- Luthra & Luthra
- SR Dinodia & Co. LLP
- Suresh Surana & Associates LLP
- Desai Haribhakti
- C.Vasudeva & Co.
Articleship with good stipend can be effectively searched through ICAI Articleship Placement Portals, or by sending resumes to the firms, through references or online job portals. Hence, if you are looking for opportunities best way is to search and apply online first.
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
|CA IPCC Syllabus||CA IPCC Registration||CA IPCC Exam Dates|
|CA IPCC Papers & Mock Tests||CA IPCC Study Plan||CA IPCC Suggested Answer|
|CA IPCC Revision Test Papers||CA IPCC Study Material||CA IPCC Important Dates|