Direct Entry to CA Course without Passing CA Foundation/CPT
Most of the students have this doubt “Who is eligible to register directly for Chartered Accountancy Course without passing Common Proficiency Test (CPT)?”. So now I’ll try to clarify this doubt – In this article, we’ve talked about the “CA Direct Entry Scheme 2020/2019”.
The following categories of students are eligible to register directly for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course without passing the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) :
1. Graduates or Post Graduates from Commerce stream having secured in
aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade or other
Graduates or Post Graduates having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of
the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University).
EX: candidates who completed B.com , M.com courses.
2. Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination or its
equivalent examination by whatever name called conducted by The Institute of
Cost Accountants of India (earlier called as ICWAI) or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI).
Steps to Become Chartered Accountant through CA Direct Entry Scheme 2020:
- Enroll with the Institute for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course for Both Groups with or without the option of Accounting Technician Course (ATC).
- Undergo 100 Hours Information Technology Training (ITT) and 35 hours Orientation Course spanning one Week.
- Register for Practical Training of three years.
- Complete General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) – I Course during first year of practical training.
- Appear in Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination after nine months of practical training and Study Course of eight months concurrently from the date of registration for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.
- Appear and pass in both groups of Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.
- Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.
- Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) II Course (15 days) course while serving the last 19 months to 36 months of articled training. Alternatively, attend Four Weeks’ Residential Programme on Professional Skills and Development.
- Complete Advance Information Technology Training during the third year of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- Complete three years period of articled training.
- Appear in the Final Examination while serving last six months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held.
- Pass Final examination.
- Enroll as a member of ICAI and be designated as “Chartered Accountant”.
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
Download the App
Watch Videos Lecture Offline