The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has released a notification on 2nd May clarifying the students that CA May 2020 examinations has postponed again. It is the second time when ICAI postponed the CA exams due to COVID-19.
In India, the casualties arising due to the pandemic is rising on an hourly basis, therefore, the entire country especially COVID-19 hit locations are in complete lockdown until May 17. Many educational institutions have rescheduled/ cancelled the examinations/ evaluations until May month. The institute added that, due to the Coronavirus outbreak in India, it has provided e-learning facilities including video lectures to the students preparing for CA May 2020 examinations. (You can also watch the video lectures on Superprofs.com)
It’s an official Announcement by ICAI –
It is hereby notified for general information that in view of the ongoing spurt of the COVID-19 pandemic and in the interest of the well-
being of students, the Chartered Accountant Examinations scheduled from 19th June 2020 to 4th July, 2020* stand rescheduled and the said examinations shall now be held from 29th July 2020 to 16th August, 2020 as per details given below.
As per the latest notification now the CA 2020 Exams shall now be held from 29th July 2020 to 16th August 2020. You can check the latest and updated exam dates provided by ICAI through the following PDF.
Watch this video of CS Divay Miglani for more information on CA Exams Postponed again –
Download the App
Watch Videos Lecture Offline
FAQs regarding CA Exams & Covid-19
Yes, CA June 2020 Exams have been postponed twice for all exam levels, as per the ICAI latest notification on 2nd May, 2020. The CA exams will now commence from 29th July 2020 to 16th August 2020.
The eligibility criteria for CMA Exams is as follows:
Eligibility criteria for CA Foundation
– CA Foundation course is only for 10+2 class. A student who has appeared in the class 12 examination may register for this level.
Exception – Candidates who have completed graduation need not register for this exam, they can directly register for CA Inter Course
Eligibility criteria for CA Inter
– Candidate must have passed foundation examination.
– Candidate must possess a graduate/post-graduate degree in commerce stream with a minimum of 55% in the examination conducted by a recognized university (It includes Open University) – This is an exception clause to directly enroll for IPCC/Inter level.
– Candidates who have passed Intermediate level examination conducted by the ICAI – Candidates who are pursuing CS & CMA and have cleared intermediate level can directly enroll for this level.
Eligibility criteria for CA Final
– Candidate should have registered with the board of studies for the final course.
– Candidate should have completed article training of prescribed period of 3 years or 3.5 years, as the case may be on the date of filing of final exam application form – Candidate can appear for the CA Final examination during the last six months of their ongoing articleship.
– Candidate should have passed the Intermediate Examination or Professional Education Examination – II./PCE/IPCE/Intermediate (IPC) Examination.
Yes, SuperProfs will provide free extension for your course as the June 2020 exams are already postponed. For further information, read this article about free course extension