While most students are confused on which subject to choose as their elective for CA Final, we at SuperProfs are committed to lending you a helping hand, no matter which elective you choose.
CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study, while seems to be one of the most challenging of all CA Final electives, is also one of the most interesting and exciting subjects to study. It integrates concepts of:
- Audit and Assurance
- Finance and Financial Management
- Corporate Laws
- Business and Management
Giving the candidates ample of time to comprehend and attempt each question, this is a four-hour long open book examinationmeant to analyze critical thinking of students in real life scenarios.
This article discusses in detail:
- Tips to prepare for CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
- How to score well in CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Online resources to prepare for CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
Tips to prepare for CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
- You need to prepare for this subject after completing all the subjects since it involves the application of the core subjects of the CA final examination
- The study material comprises ofseven case studies and their solutions. While studying, try to absorb the way in which the answers have been structured and presented in the material. Also make tiny notes of any key points that you encounter while reading
- Students will be provided with the following reference material by ICAI in examination hall:
- For Financial Reporting: Bare text of AS 15, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28 and guidance notes as applicable, Bare text of all Ind AS and differences in Ind AS & AS
- For Audit: Handbook on auditing pronouncements
- For the remaining subjects: Study material of ICAI (excluding examples, illustrations and summary)
- Decide on what you would need to take along with you apart from the material which will be provided to you in the hall
- You are not expected to copy the exact content from the book. You have to use the information provided in the study material to come up with your own answer. Originality is expected in this paper. Keep this in mind while attempting Mock Test Papers.
- Try to underline/highlight important points in your carry-along notes. This will increase your efficiency while attempting question paper
- Study and attempt this subject the way you would deal with a task at your workplace. The cases will test and develop your expertise in consulting, arbitration, negotiation, representation, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with texts and notes. Make sure you can locate important information
- Approximately 40% weight-age will be on objective type questions and 60 % weight-age on descriptive and numerical type questions
- Refer videos available online for understanding different topics.
How to score well in CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Carefully select and organizethe material and resources that you are going to carry for the exam. Don’t overload
- There will be total 3 case studies out of which you will need to attempt 2. To decide which case study to attempt- go through all three case studies in the first reading. Now, based on your strengths, once you’ve narrowed down the two case studies which you will attempt, give them a thorough second reading
- Here’s a step-by-step procedure to attempt the questions:
- Step 1: Read and understand the case study properly and make a note of the topics and subtopics that it refers to
- Step 2: Pay attention to the problem statement and figure out the bottlenecks
- Step 3: Refer to the relevant topic and subtopics from your study material and books for anything including formulae, laws, section etc that you would need while solving the case study. Underline them for quick reference
- Step 4: Answer multiple choice questions first
- Step 5: Answer the other questions while maintaining your originality
- Do not get overly engrossed in answering one question. With a lot of material at hand, students get tempted to write everything. Be precise while covering what is asked in the question
- You need to solve two case studies in four hours. Dedicate your time accordingly
- Giveconcise, well supported answers
- Since it is a case-based exam, never start your answer with ‘yes’ or ‘no’. You need to explain first and conclude in the end.
Online resources to prepare for CA Final Multidisciplinary Case Study
Case study 1: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/48990bos32809.pdf
Case study 2: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/49862bos39519cs2.pdf
Case study 4: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/50077bos39690cs4.pdf
Case study 5: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/52039bos41732cs5.pdf
Case study 6: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/52041bos41732cs6.pdf
Case study 7: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/52141bos41792cs7.pdf
- May 2019: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/55489bos44850-p6f.pdf
- Nov 2018:https://resource.cdn.icai.org/52625bos42154finalnew-nov18-p6f.pdf
- May 2018: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/50214bos39812finalnewqp6f.pdf
- Nov 2018: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/54682bos43858.pdf
- May 2018: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/51323bos40979.pdf
Mock test papers:
- Answers: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/54777bos43895fnewp6f-a.pdf
You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for CA and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the CA CPT examination.