As we all are aware that Chartered Accountancy is the most prestigious commerce stream course across the country. There are certain requirements to get the membership from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and to call yourself a CA. This article is specifically related to the registration procedures at all levels of the CA course. The contents covered here are as follows:
- Process of Ca Inter registration
- Last date of CA Inter registration
- CA Inter Registration Fees
- CA Inter Documents required for registration
- CA Inter Registration form link and other relevant information
CA Inter Registration Process
ICAI has taken a great leap by facilitating online registration of students for all levels. It saves time and effort and also ensures the accuracy of records in the ICAI database. The steps for online registration are as below:
- Go to the ICAI website (www.icai.org) and click on “Course Registration Forms” under the “Students tab” and select Inter.
- The hyperlink will take you to the Applicant login page and will ask for your UserID and password. In case you are not registered on that portal, you first need to get yourself registered thereby filling in your personal details like your name, contact number, gender, DOB, email, etc.
- After logging in, fill in the required details as per the form (generally forms are divided into 3 levels) so that the registration process can take place.
- After filling the online form, you are required to pay the applicable fees for your course (fee details are given later in this article). Just double-check the details entered by you in the form before making the payment to avoid any inconvenience.
- The system will automatically generate the form after successful payment, which is required to be printed & signed upon and to be submitted to the concerned regional office within 7 days of online registration (along with few other documents, covered later).
- On completion of the successful registration process, the study material will be sent to the candidates through the Centralized Dispatch System (CDS).
CA Inter Registration Fees
Foundation Route registered students can enroll for Group I or Group II or both Groups of Intermediate Course while Direct Entry Route students have to enroll for both the groups only. CA Inter Registration Fee has to be followed as per the below chart.
|S. No.||Details of Fees||Both Groups (Rupees)||Both Groups (US$)||Group I/II (Rupees)||Group I/II (US$)|
|1||Intermediate Registration Fees||15,000||11,000|
|2||Students’ Activities Fees (to be paid once)||2,000||2,000|
|3||Registration Fee as Articled Assistant||1,000|
ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION/ REQUIREMENT FOR CA INTER REGISTRATION:
All the Graduates/ Post Graduates commerce candidates who have scored minimum of 55% of the total marks or its identical grade in the examination or arranged by any recognized University (inclusive of open University) by studying any three papers which carries at least a minimum of 50 marks in a semester/year and cumulatively 100 or more marks over the entire duration of the concerned course out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (inclusive of Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting or identical to the title of these papers with different nomenclatures or other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination organized by any recognized University (inclusive of Open University) are not subjected to qualify Foundation and are eligible for straight registration to Intermediate Course and undergo ICITSS. They can be listed for practical training after completing ICITSS and need not to wait for clearing any group of Intermediate Examination. They are allowed to appear in the Intermediate Examination after completion of nine months of practical training.
Documents needed for CA Registration:
The documents to be submitted to the concerned regional office for registration purposes are mentioned here one by one.
- Duly signed printout of the online successful registration form in hard copy
- Attested copy of Foundation mark-sheet (in case original mark-sheet has not been received by the student, he can attach the one downloaded from the internet)
- Attested copy of Class 12th mark-sheet or its equivalent Central Government recognized examination pass marks statement
- For the direct entry scheme students only – attested copy of Graduation/Post Graduation mark-sheet or marks statement of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) or the Institute of Cost & Management Accountant of India (ICMAI)
- One recent colored passport size photograph (to be affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST, OBC, differently-abled
- Proof of Nationality – if the student is a foreigner.
CA Registration form direct link:
The link to online forms for CA Foundation and Intermediate is given below:
If you feel any kind of difficulty while registering yourself for these courses, do let us know, we will help you out. Alternatively, you can reach out to the ICAI helpdesk as well.
You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the CA examination.
Watch videos Lecture Offline