This is the answer for students who asked us the question ” How an Indian CA can get job in Australia“. An Indian CA or CMA can get job in Australia by completing CPA Course in Australia. Same like The Chartered Accountant in India (ICAI), in Australia there is Certified Public Accountants (CPA). So if you want to do chartered accountant job in Australia you have to get CPA Certificate. Here below we given full details of CPA Course.
Note : Same like CPA Australia there is also a course in America, that is known as CPA of America or CPA of USA. So guys if you want to start your career as chartered accountant in America you have to get CPA Certificate of America same like CA Certificate in India.
During the third International Conference organized by the Australian chapter of the International Chartered Accountants in India (ICAI), we furthered our cooperation and collaboration with the Indian statutory accounting body by renewing the mutual recognition agreement (MRA) between the two organizations.
Some basic question which are frequently asked :
what is CPA Australia
CPA Australia fees
CPA Australia requirements
can i get a job in Australia with Indian CA Qualification
Details about CPA Australia ICAI
Detailed procedure of becoming a CPA Australia
Renewed MRA between CPA Australia and ICAI
Also See :
- CA Course Details | How to become Chartered Accountant
- Pallavi Sachdeva | Delhi girl becomes CA, CWA and CS at 23
Building on the already close relationship between the two largest accounting bodies in the region, the MRA signed by Kumar Raghu, President, International Chartered Accountants in India, and Alex Malley, chief executive, CPA Australia, enables eligible members to obtain the use of both designations, and heralds greater collaboration between the two organizations so that we can serve the wider business communities internationally.
By signing the MRA, we continue to work hard to build our members’ profiles and reputation across the Indian Subcontinent and Asia. If you are a CPA Australia member working or likely to work in India, then having the ICAI designation will ensure that your skills and technical excellence are instantly recognized.
In February 2009 the Institute of Chartered Accountants India (ICAI) and CPA Australia entered into a mutual recognition agreement (MRA) to further develop the relationship between the two bodies and establish guidelines on how qualified members can gain reciprocal membership.
This collaboration and mutual endorsement was symbolically strengthened with the re-signing of the MRA in September 2014, indicating a commitment to support and assist those ICAI members who want local recognition and representation in Australia and Asia.
Becoming a CPA gives ICAI members the opportunity to promote their technical expertise through an association that is well recognised throughout Australia and the Asian region.
Step 1: Determine eligibility
CPA Australia accepts membership applications from around the globe. If you are a full Associate member of ICAI, you are eligible to apply for CPA Australia membership if you:
- are a member of good standing and not currently subject to any disciplinary sanctions or investigations
- did not gain entry through another mutual recognition agreement
- have successfully completed:
- the ICAI exams
- the ICAI practical experience requirements
- hold a university degree recognised by the Australian Education International – National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition as being at least equivalent to Australian bachelor degree level. This will be determined during the assessment of your application
- have at least five years’ work experience in professional accounting
Step 2: Complete application
Complete the application form and submit it with the following:
- assessment fee and membership fee
- certified true copies of 100 points of identification (see application form for points values)
- an original, or certified, copy of a letter of good standing from ICAI that contains:
- the date you joined ICAI
- the date you achieved your current member status
- the date your membership fees are paid until
- confirmation that you are not a member of ICAI through another MRA
- certified true copies of university academic award (degree certificate) and official transcripts (marksheets) or workplace testimonials
- certified true copy of an official transcript from ICAI
- certified true copies of university academic awards and official transcripts or mark sheets or workplace testimonials
- certified true copies of change of name documentation (if applicable)
Step 3: Submit application
Send your application with certified true copies of your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
GPO Box 2820
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Alternatively, you can mail your application to your nearest CPA Australia office.
Step 4: Processing of application
Your application will take approximately 10 to 15 working days to process. If there are any queries about your application, a CPA Australia employee will contact you.
If your application is successful, an email will be sent to you informing you of your success. A welcome pack will follow by post.
If your application is unsuccessful, an email will be sent to you outlining the reasons why. We will provide advice about how you can meet CPA Australia’s membership requirements.
Step 5: Advance to CPA status
Once you become an ASA member of CPA Australia you must complete the following study units within two years:
- CPD063 – Better Practice in Governance and Accountability
- CPA117 – Global Strategy and Leadership
An enrolment form for these study units will be sent to you when your application for membership is approved, or you can download it from this page. Upon successful completion of both courses, you will automatically advance to CPA status. You will receive a CPA certificate and will then be eligible to use the CPA designation
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
|CA IPCC Syllabus||CA IPCC Registration||CA IPCC Exam Dates|
|CA IPCC Papers & Mock Tests||CA IPCC Study Plan||CA IPCC Suggested Answer|
|CA IPCC Revision Test Papers||CA IPCC Study Material||CA IPCC Important Dates|