CA CPT is an entry pass to the Chartered Accountancy Course. So we have to be careful with our first step towards ICAI’s CA Course. In early days passing CA CPT is very easy because there is no minimum marks requirement in each subject. But now there is Minimum Pass Marks Requirement in each subject in CPT course. So now passing CPT is a little bit tough than before but following below given CA CPT cracking tips, you can pass CA CPT in first attempt that too with 45 days preparation. Here below we given CA CPT Preparation Tips, suggestions to pass CA CPT easily.
First Step – CA CPT Study Material
When you register for CA CPT with ICAI, you will get 4 text books (one for each subject) and 2 mock test books (30 model papers). This ICAI material is your best source of knowledge for CA CPT exams. If you complete all the questions given in 4 books and 30 model papers it is more than enough, you don’t need any additional material.
You can also take ICAI free video tutorial series for CA CPT
Since you need to score at least 30 per cent in all subjects, remember that you need to concentrate on all subjects so that you can qualify the basics for all subjects. This is a recent change because until now the rules were overall than subject wise.
- Accounts – Since you are appearing for a CA paper remember that Accounting is the key. If your basics in accounts are clear, your chances of clearing the examination automatically rise. Make sure you practice the subject well and learn your theory too.
- Mercantile Law – Another important prospect for CPT is the Mercantile Law. After accounts it is referred to as most scoring subject. Again, don’t fret just calmly practice and learn the Contract Act as well.
- Economics – Although economics as a whole is scoring and easy in comparison to other subjects and in this too try and complete Macro Economics first as it is more scoring.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Although some get flustered in mathematics and statistics but remember that not all topics are the same. There are some easier than others and so try and complete the ones learnt during your school terms. In statistics try and complete Differentiation and integration, Correlation and regression and theoretical distribution as these are important.
If you have a good base of 11th and 12th standard, then CPT Accounts won’t bother you too much. Just stick to the basics because most questions come from the simplest points which sometimes are ignored. Now, Accounts is the main subject for a C.A, so if you want to do well at higher levels of the course you should make your base from here onwards
This is a new subject for most people, so try to grab the concept because many questions in the exam won’t be directly from the book
If you are thorough with 12th standard economics, then you won’t have any problem in microeconomics. You can keep the concept of graphs in mind and create your own answers.
MATHS AND STATISTICS
Many students tend to leave these 50 marks totally, because they form an idea that they won’t be able to solve it from the initial stage. Please do not do that, you will be leaving easy 20-30 marks. Basic idea of maths is very important to be a C.A
In Maths and Statistics u can easily fetch 20-30 marks coz many topics are very easy. Just a sharp brain and basic knowledge of 10th level maths will be sufficient. You can leave the complex things like calculus and series, if you are not good at maths, as you would only loose 1 or 2 marks
Macro part is complete theory and u will have to learn it somehow. It is boring but 25 marks come from there. Learn only the lastest data available. Lastly go for a scanner for all subjects.
Although some are of the opinion that you should not be attempting the whole paper but the logic defies this belief. Attempt questions you are sure off. Only later try your hand at the parts you are not sure about.
The more you practice the more things would make sense.
Accordingly, the minimum marks required in each section and in the aggregate in all sections of CPT as per the revised passing requirements will be as under :
Minimum Passing Marks for CPT
*A candidate is required to secure a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 per cent marks in aggregate in all the four Sections to pass the Common Proficiency Test.
In other words, it is clarified that if a candidate secures a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the aggregate but fails to secure the minimum marks required in any one or more of the sections A, B, C or D (as mentioned above), his result will be FAIL. Similarly, if a candidate secures a minimum of 30per cent marks in each section but fails to secure 50 per cent marks in the aggregate of all sections,his result will be FAIL.
Note : 1.Marks secured are after negative marking
2.There are negative marks for wrong answers/multiple darkened answers for a question/s.
45 days CA CPT Preparation Time-table
Prepare a schedule for 45 days before CA CPT Exam. Stick to that schedule and make study plan that covers how to prepare all subjects in daily hour basis and weekly basis. Most importantly study with planning. Don’t haphazardly study anything. Make a system and then adhere to it.
First step in your preparation is to start understanding and learning the concepts. Start taking subjects one by one following the time-table.
Now what should be your method of studying?
- First a fast reading of the chapter should be done.. Usually one page should not be given more than 5 minutes
- Second reading should be slower, understanding each topic clearly.
- Once the reading is done all questions given in the book should be attempted. First attempt all questions without using any answers and then check all questions at the end
- You should mark your questions in a special way..i.e. the questions which were correct in the first attempt should be crossed and there is no need to attempt these questions again…all other questions which were incorrect should be done on next revision and follow the same steps of crossing the correct questions at that time.
Revision is a very important part for achieving success in any exam. You remember only 20% of what you read after 24 hours, so multiple quick revisions are very necessary. See timetable for the frequency of revisions required.
Practice is the most important part of your preparation and should be given 100% focus. Once you have completed your first revision, its time to take mock test.. mock test help a lot in preparing you for exam day and also highlight your weak areas.
Forming a study group helps in discussing queries and getting a better understanding of the subject. If you have friends taking CA CPT exam then you can form a study group with them or else you join an online forum for forming a discussion Group.
You should be completely relaxed and rested for the final exam day. Now, when it comes to the exam hall most would get nervous and do certain things which might get you in trouble, like checking the answers with others, trying to copy, etc. Do not do those things, because it will cost you your future and the most important thing- Please take all the required stationary.
Now it’s time for your exam. All the Best Students…!
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
|CA IPCC Syllabus||CA IPCC Registration||CA IPCC Exam Dates|
|CA IPCC Papers & Mock Tests||CA IPCC Study Plan||CA IPCC Suggested Answer|
|CA IPCC Revision Test Papers||CA IPCC Study Material||CA IPCC Important Dates|