ICAI Marksheet CA CPT IPCC Final Frequently Asked Question. Today we are providing frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to ICAI Marksheet (Statement of Marks). We noticed that CPT IPCC and CA Final students have some queries related to ICAI Marksheet. So here we have given 17 questions and their answers about ICAI Marksheet. These queries are like IPCC Marksheet not received, CPT Marksheet received but my details entered wrongly and questions related to revised statement of marks and duplicate mark sheet. Read below !!
ICAI Marksheet FAQ For CA CPT IPCC Final
Part- I Queries Relating to ICAI Marksheet
1. I appeared in the CA exams, results of which were declared recently. Do I get a statement of marks from the Institute?
Yes. You will receive a hard copy of the statement of marks from the Institute within 4 weeks from the date of declaration of result.
A hard copy of the statement of marks, in the official stationery, indicating the marks secured by the candidates and the result, is sent to all the candidates who appeared in the exam by speed post, at the address given by the candidates in their exam form. However, result card of CPT is sent by ordinary post.
2. Is the statement of marks sent only to those who passed the exam? Or is it sent to all the candidates who appeared in the exam?
It is sent to all the candidates who appeared in one or more papers of the exam. If a candidate had applied for the examination but not appeared in any of the papers, then no statement of marks will be issued to him.
3. I appeared in the CA exams. Do I have to apply for issue of the statement of marks? Or is it sent to me, by the Institute, on its own? Is there any fee for issue of statement of marks?
Statement of marks is sent to all the candidates who appeared in the exam by ICAI, free of cost. You do not have to apply for it. However, in case you want to be issued a duplicate statement of marks, you will have to make an application for the same and also pay the applicable fees. For details visit www.icai.org
4. I have taken a print out of my result from the website www.caresults.nic.in Do I also receive a hard copy of the statement of marks or is it to be printed from the website?
You will receive a hard copy of the statement of marks in the official stationery by speed post.
CPT candidates have an option of printing their result card, from the site www.icai.nic.in/cptresultcard, after about 7-10 days from the date of declaration of result. This is in addition to the CPT results hosted on www.icai.nic.in. Hard copy of result card is also sent to candidates who appeared in CPT. Printing the result card from the website is an additional facility provided to the CPT candidates only, for the present.
5. Is the CPT statement of marks, printed from the website, valid?
Yes. It is valid for admission to the next level of the course, i.e. Intermediate (IPC) course.
In some cases, CPT statement of marks printed from the website may not contain the photograph and signature of the candidates, if they had not submitted the same to the office. Such CPT statement of marks printed from website, which do not contain photograph and signature of the candidates are not valid.
6. How soon do I receive the ICAI Marksheet, after declaration of results?
Hard copies of statement of marks are sent to the candidates, soon after declaration of results. You should be receiving the same, generally within about 4 weeks time from the date of declaration of results.
7. Does the ICAI Marksheet contain my photograph and signature?
Statement of markss of CA Intermediate and Final exams do not contain the candidate’s photograph or signature.
Hard copy of CPT result card contains both photograph and signature of the candidates.
CPT result cards printed from the website may not contain the photograph and signature of the candidates, if they had not submitted the same to the office. Such CPT result cards printed from website, which do not contain photograph and signature of the candidates are not valid.
8. Does the ICAI Marksheet also indicate whether exemption was granted to me in a paper(s)?
“#” symbol printed against the marks of a paper denotes that you have been granted an exemption in that paper, which will be valid for the immediate next three following exams. The result of such group(s) is shown as “F-EX” ( i.e. failed with exemption)
Alphabet “E” printed against the marks of a paper denotes that marks of that paper have been brought forward from an exemption granted in that paper in an earlier attempt.
If no such symbol or alphabet is printed against the marks of any paper, even though the marks obtained in that paper may be more than 60, then that indicates that no exemption has been granted in that paper. The result of that group(s) is shown as “Fail”.
9. I received my statement of marks. I find that there is a footnote therein which states “Passed under Regulation —–“. What does it mean? I do not find that footnote in the statement of marks of my friends who also passed the exam. Does it make a difference to me?
As per CA Regulations, a candidate shall ordinarily be declared to have passed in both the groups simultaneously, if he
a) Secures at one sitting a minimum of 40 per cent marks in each paper of each of the groups and minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all the papers of each of the groups; or
b) Secures at one sitting a minimum of 40 percent marks in each paper of both the groups and a minimum of 50 per cent marks in the aggregate of all the papers of both the groups taken together.
In the statement of marks of those who pass under category (b) mentioned above, the above footnote “Passed under Regulation ——-“ is inscribed to make a distinction between the two categories.
You might have passed under category (b) and hence the footnote on your statement of marks. It does not make a difference to the candidates since the result in both groups is “PASS”.
10. I am a CPT student. I had omitted to affix my photograph and signature on the exam form? Will my result card contain my photograph and signature? What do I do now? Can I send them to you by post or can I email to you my scanned photograph and signature?
Hard copies of CPT result cards will NOT be issued without photograph and signature of the candidate. You will have to send your photograph and signature along with your particulars duly attested by a Chartered Accountant or Principal of an educational Institution or a Gazetted Officer, on his letterhead /official stationery, to the Exam Dept. , at the following address, by speed post:
The Additional Secretary (Exams),
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
New Delhi 110 002
Upon receipt of the same, your result card will be issued.
11. It is more than a month from the date of declaration of results. I have not yet received my original ICAI Marksheet? Whom should I contact?
In case you do not receive your statement of marks within about 30-40 days from the date of declaration of results, you can write to us at the above mentioned address or email scanned copy of your signed request letter to email@example.com, indicating therein, clearly, your name, complete postal address, roll number, name of the exam, month/year in which held etc.
The office will arrange to re-send the statement of marks/result card ( if received back undelivered) or prepare a duplicate one and send you again by Speed Post. However, such a request must be received within a period of two months from the date of declaration of results.
12. There is an error in the spelling of my name contained in the statement of marks. Or There is an error in my registration number printed on the statement of marks. Or Marks printed on my statement of marks are faded or are not clearly visible. Or Marks awarded column is blank. Or I received the statement of marks in a damaged or mutilated/defaced condition. What do I do?
You may write to us, at the above mentioned address, enclosing the following:
1. A letter clearly specifying the correction/s required
2. Copy of the letter issued by ICAI at the time of registering you in the CA course
3. Original statement of marks with the error
Please send all your correspondence with the Exam Dept. by Speed Post and not by any private courier or ordinary post.
A corrected statement of marks will be issued to you, free of cost.
Part II- Revised ICAI Marksheet
13. I applied for verification of marks, after the results. I understand that my marks were revised, pursuant to verification. Do I get a revised ICAI Marksheet? Do I have to return my original statement of marks to get the revised one?
Yes. The revised statement of marks will be issued to you, free of cost. It will be sent to you by speed post, at the address mentioned by you in your exam form. The words “Revised Statement of marks” will be inscribed on it.
You will be required to return the original statement of marks, after receiving the revised statement of marks.
14. I have not received my revised statement of marks, which is reported to have been sent by speed post, pursuant to revision of my marks in verification. It appears that it is lost in transit. What do I do?
You may write to us at the following email IDs:
Relating to Final exam: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relating to Intermediate(IPC) Exam: email@example.com
Relating to CPT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part III- Duplicate Statement of Marks
15. I have not received my original statement of marks, reported to have been sent by speed post. It appears that it is lost in transit. How do I get my statement of marks?
You may apply for issue of a duplicate statement of marks in the prescribed format, along with the applicable fees.
However, duplicate statement of marks will be issued free of cost if the request for issue of the same is received within a period of two months of the date of declaration of result. Applications received thereafter will have to be accompanied by the applicable fees.
Please visit www.icai.org for details.
The words “Duplicate” would be inscribed on the duplicate statement of marks.
16. I have lost my ICAI Marksheet. Can I get a duplicate statement of marks?
Yes. You may apply for issue of duplicate statement of marks, in the prescribed form along with the applicable fees. Please visit www.icai.org for details. The words “Duplicate” would be inscribed on it.
17. Whom do I contact, for issue of a duplicate statement of marks?
You may contact the Duplicate Statement of marks section of the Exam Dept. for issue of a duplicate statement of marks:
Contact details are as follows:
E mail: email@example.com
Share this article ” ICAI Marksheet Frequently Asked Questions CPT IPCC Final ” to your friends who are studying CA CPT IPCC and Final !!
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
Download the App
Watch Videos Lecture Offline