Tax e-Payment Procedure and Advantages. In previous post we have given How to Pay Tax Online India – Frequently Asked Questions. In this article you can get “advantages of paying taxes online”, “procedure for e-payment” and “How do I make online tax payment sitting at home/office?”
Read : GST – Goods and Service Tax
What are the advantages of paying taxes online
- You can pay taxes from any location at any time through your net-banking account.
- Instant transfer of funds from your account.
- What you write on the e-challan will be directly sent to Income Tax Department. Banks will not do any data entry.
- You can save/print the challan copy and the receipt copy.
- As soon as your Bank authorizes payment of the amount, you will receive a clear, legible receipt/counterfoil from your Bank.
- Transaction id of the e-payment transaction will be available to you in your bank statement.
- You can check online if your money has actually reached the I-T Department. For this you have to go to Tax Information Network Website: https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/index.html and click the box.
Tax E-Payment Procedure
1. To pay taxes online the taxpayer will select the relevant challan i.e. ITNS 280, ITNS 281, ITNS 282 or ITNS 283, as applicable.
2. Enter its PAN / TAN as applicable. There will be an online check on the validity of the PAN / TAN entered.
3. If PAN/ TAN is valid the taxpayer will be allowed to fill up other challan details like accounting head under which payment is made, name and address of TAN and also select the bank through which payment is to be made, etc.
4. On submission of data entered a confirmation screen will be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the data entered in the challan, it will be directed to the net-banking site of the bank.
5. The taxpayer will login to the net-banking site with the user id/ password provided by the bank for net-banking purpose and enter payment details at the bank site.
6. On successful payment a challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and bank name through which e-payment has been made. This counterfoil is proof of payment being made.
How do I make online tax payment sitting at home/office?
1. Open a net-banking account with any of the banks listed above.
2. Go to website www.incometaxindia.gov.in ,
click on Tax Information and Services
> Tax Services
> Tax Payment
> Pay Tax Online;.
3. Fill in the required challan online. Help is available on screen as FAQ, downloads etc.
4. Make tax payment through net-banking account online.
5. A challan counterfoil will be available instantaneously on the screen with CIN (challan identification number). The Challan Identification Number (CIN) on this counterfoil should be quoted in Return of Income.
6. Print the counterfoil and also save it in the computer if required.
7. Check if your payment has reached the Income Tax Department at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/QueryTaxpayer .
If you need help with CA preparations, contact SuperProfs‘ CA Exam Expert. Also, you may begin your preparation with CA Free Trial Classes. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
|CA IPCC Syllabus||CA IPCC Registration||CA IPCC Exam Dates|
|CA IPCC Papers & Mock Tests||CA IPCC Study Plan||CA IPCC Suggested Answer|
|CA IPCC Revision Test Papers||CA IPCC Study Material||CA IPCC Important Dates|