SuperProfs brings to all new candidates some handy tips to clear CA Foundation – the first stepping stone for becoming a successful chartered accountant.
In this article, you’ll get to know about –
- Create your own timetable to prepare for CA Foundation
- Go through subject-related tips for each subject
- Learn some quick tips to clear CA foundation by scoring better in the exams
Create your own timetable to prepare for CA Foundation 2022
- Create a timetable by allocating a few days to each subject. Mix and match to avoid boredom and distribute days in a way that all subjects get covered in time. We encourage students to create their own schedules when they prepare for the CA foundation, rather than following a standard schedule which may not be suitable for all.
- Keep a tab on whether you are following your time table or not. If you skip it for a few days due to unavoidable circumstances, do not let it go for a complete toss. Instead, cover up by stretching a few hours and try to stick to it as much as possible. Modify it a bit as needed.
- Always begin with the subject you find the most difficult and allocate more time to it. This will make you feel more confident about it when the exam date nears.
- Do not overburden yourself and study for long hours in a stretch. That will exhaust you in a few days and will also decrease your retaining ability. You need some break, so make a timetable which allows enough time for breaks.
- Include some time for physical fitness. Regular exercises that could include dancing, jogging, cycling, or yoga improve your physical as well as mental efficiency.
Subject-wise tips to clear CA Foundation 2022
- Principles and practices of Accounting (Marks – 100): Accounting is a scoring subject. However, only reading or mugging it will not help. Practicing as many problems as possible is a mandate in order to clear CA Foundation exams. It is advised to solve a few problems daily. If you are from the non-commerce background, study the theory thoroughly and be clear in your concepts. Pay special attention to basic concepts like debit and credit, journal, cash book, etc.
- Business Laws, and Business Correspondence and Reporting (Marks – 60+40): Business laws is quite theoretical in nature, however, you can make the subject easier to learn by taking an interest in understanding various laws prevalent in the country. Making quick revision notes would help. Be clear in understanding legal terminologies. ICAI twists these terminologies while framing questions. Also, questions from “The Indian Contract Act, 1872” are definitely asked, so prepare this topic well. Business Correspondence and Reporting is basically ‘General English’ and would be easier for students who have studied in English medium schools. Work on thoroughly understanding basic grammar rules and the rest will be taken care of.
- Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics (Marks – 40+20+40): This is the equivalent of Quantitative Aptitude in CA CPT. We recommend creating a formula sheet with all the important formulae. Revising it a day before exams can help you immensely to clear the CA Foundation exam. Practice as many MCQs as possible as prescribed in ICAI study material. Work on your fundamental concepts from 11th and 12th standards if you were a Maths Student either in Commerce and Science.
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge: Brush up all that you studied in your senior secondary classes for Business Economics. Business and commercial knowledge is a newly added subject. Devote time memorizing the 32 Companies, Funding, and Non-Funding Organisations, rest can be managed by basic reading and conceptual understanding.
You can also visit the ICAI website for exhaustive details on all papers of the CA Foundation.
5 Tips for scoring better in CA Foundation Examination 2022
- Do not try to attempt 100% questions. Keep in mind, there is negative marking for wrong answers so be careful while attempting questions you are unsure of.
- Any MCQ based examination requires a lot of practice. Set a timer and attempt to mock papers and previous year papers. Practice the model test paper provided by ICAI. You will get a fair idea about question patterns from that. This will definitely help you to score better in examinations.
- You need to score at least 30 percent in each subject. While attempting the paper, don’t lose focus on one subject at the stake of another. Allocate time wisely.
- Since the calculator is allowed in the examination, understand all the features and shortcuts on a calculator. This will save you time.
- Do not leave the OMR sheet to be filled at last. Do it as and when you solve the questions.
Since for a lot of students, CA Foundation will be their first competitive exams, we suggest them to take external help wherever possible. With the advent of online courses, it has become easier and more convenient for students to directly study from top professors from across the country.
You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for CA Foundation and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the CA Foundation examination.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline