Computer training is the part of the course in CMA CWA Course. You should be done this computer training as part of the course. But you can get exemption from participating Computer Training. There are some exemptions available for ICWA CMA Students. Here below we given how to get exemption from Computer Training.
COMPUTER TRAINING EXEMPTION
8.9.1 COMPUTER TRAINING COURSE FOR INTERMEDIATE STUDENTS – 100 HOURS
- The objective of the Computer Training at Intermediate Course is to develop the skill of operation of some essential application software commonly used in Management Accounting fields.
- The Syllabus of Computer Training is given in Annexure VI.
- A student appearing for both groups or for remaining group of Intermediate Examination has to undergo Computer Training at Regional Council/Chapter/ Recognized Oral Coaching Centre/ Computer Training Centre duly recognized by the Institute. Student should have completed the Computer Training before filling up the Examination application form.
- A student having passed Bachelor of Engineering, Post-Graduation in Computer Science or Computer Application, MBA (Systems) or PGDCA, MCA from Indian Institute of Management or a recognized University or an Institute recognized by All India Council for Technical Education or Department of Information Technology [formerly Department of Electronics (DOE)], Government of India, ‘A’ level Certificate Course of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (formerly DOEACC) may be exempted from Compulsory Computer Training.
- Students who had qualified CAT (Competency Level) Examination of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, now pursuing Intermediate Course shall have to complete an additional 50 hours of Computer Training. Fees for this course is Rs.3400/- (Rupees Three Thousand Four Hundred only)
8.9.2 PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMING EXEMPTION FROM UNDERGOING
Students getting registered for Intermediate Course of the Institute w.e.f 01.04.2013
- Students registered prior to 01.04.2013 shall be governed by erstwhile rules.
- If the applicant is found eligible to be exempted from undergoing Computer Training, an exemption letter will be issued and subsequently an amount of Rs.3000/-would be refunded to the applicant
- Students may apply for exemption (at least 60 days prior to the start of the Examination) to the Senior Director (Studies) at Head Quarters, Kolkata with proof of qualification (as depicted in 8.9.1 & 8.9.3).
- Last Cut Off Dates | CMA / CWA Admission, Exam Application
- Download Practice Test papers | CMA Foundation, Inter, Final
- Download CMA Study Material pdf | CWA Foundation, Inter, Final
- Download CMA / CWA Revision Test Papers (RTP’s)
8.9.3 RECIPROCAL EXEMPTION FROM COMPUTER TRAINING
Reciprocal exemption is offered for Students/Members of Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and Students/Members of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI).
|Applicant Status||Computer Training||Reciprocal Exemption from Computer Training|
|Student of ICSI and also pursuing course of the ICAI.||Completed in ICSI or Exempted from Computer Training by ICSI.||Eligible for claiming exemption in ICAI|
|Qualified Final Examination of ICSI/ Member of ICSI pursuing course of the ICAI.||Completed in ICSI or Exempted from Computer Training by ICSI.||Eligible for claiming exemption In ICAI.|
|Student of ICAI and also pursuing course of ICSI.||Completed in ICAI or Exempted from Computer training by ICAl.||Eligible for claiming exemption in ICSI.|
|Qualified Final Examination of the ICAI/ Member of ICAI and also pursuing course of ICSI.||Completed in ICAI or Exempted from Computer Training by ICAl.||Eligible for claiming exemption in ICSI.|
Procedure for claiming exemption is mentioned in Para 8.9.2 above.