Updated: How to Check Your ICMAI Result 2020
If you have written the examination for CMA Foundation, in 2020, you can check your ICMAI result by following the steps listed below:
- Navigate to (ICMAI website)
- Enter your ICMAI Student Registration Number (of ID)
- Click on ‘View Result’
- Once you see your CMA Result report card, save it as a PDF.
NOTE: Your CMA Result 2020 will only be present or available in an online (or electronic) format, so ensure to save multiple copies of the same for your own convenience.
Check Your CMA Foundation Result – Click Here
Important – Continue reading for getting important tips for further preparation!
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI) conducts Cost and Management Accountancy (CMA) examinations two times every year for its three levels including CMA Foundation, CMA Intermediate, and CMA Final in the months of June and December. If you are a CMA aspirant who has appeared for CMA Foundation, CMA Inter, or CMA Final examinations in 2020, read on to know about the date of CMA 2020 Result declaration.
ICMAI Result Important Dates
Dates for CMA Result declaration vary every year depending on ICMAI’s discretion. You can’t have the same dates every year because depending on the number of students who appeared for CMA Foundation, CMA Inter, and CMA Final examinations, paper correction takes time.
However, on that note, you can note the following important dates related to CMA Result 2020:
CMA Foundation Result Date – 21st September 2020
CMA Inter Result Date – To be announced!
CMA Final Result Date – To be announced!
Understanding Your ICMAI Result
Your CMA Result report card may contain several fields, so you need to understand what each of them means. For the same, we have mentioned the different fields and what they mean:
- Name of Student: Your name as you used for registering yourself with ICMAI
- Roll Number: The roll number assigned to you at the time of your examination registration.
- Registration Number: The registration number assigned to you at the time of your registration with ICMAI
- Syllabus: Whether you are following the 2012 syllabus or the 2016 syllabus.
- Exam Status: Tells you whether you have cleared the examination or whether you have to try again.
NOTE: Your roll number will vary depending on the examination attempt, but your registration number with ICMAI shall remain unchanged irrespective of how many examinations you attempt.
You can see some alphabets in your CMA Result report card; We have mentioned their meanings below:
- A: Absent
- D or N/A: Not Applied
- E: Exempted
Note that in any examination, you can receive an ‘E’ or exemption status in a particular paper if you score at least 60 marks (out of 100) in that. Overall, you need to score at least 200 out of 400 in total across all 4 subjects in a Group for CMA Inter or CMA Final to pass them.
Individually, you need to score at least 40 out of 100 in a paper (or subject) while also maintaining an overall score of 200 out of 400 to clear a group.
Verifying Your CMA Result
If you are not satisfied with your CMA Result or believe that there has been an error in the tally of your marks, you can request your CMA result report to be verified; however, this needs to be done within 30 days of the declaration of the CMA Results. We will update this section once your CMA Result has been declared.
What to Do After ICMAI Result
Completing the CMA examinations and managing to clear them is no small feat. You must congratulate yourself and perhaps take 1 week off to cool yourself down and relax your mind; during this time, you can go on solo (or group) trips, resume some hobby or sport that you are passionate about, or do anything else you enjoy.
However, once you are back from the short vacation, it’s time for us to keep moving forward. Here’s what you should do once your results are out assuming that you have successfully cleared the examination(s):
For CMA Foundation Graduates
- Do NOT throw away your notes. Out of the 4 subjects you had in CMA Foundation, 2 are going to carry over in your CMA Inter examinations. For the other 2, you can sell them to someone you think will benefit from the same.
- Register yourself for CMA Intermediate as soon as you can to avoid paying late registration fees (if any).
- Acquire the CMA Intermediate study material including the 4 textbooks that are officially provided by ICMAI; also get the workbooks from the institute.
- Start going through the CMA Intermediate theory subjects like Law and Ethics as well as Direct Taxation.
- Check out How to Clear CMA Intermediate Group – 1by SuperProfs.
- Reduce your social interaction because CMA Intermediate is going to be more challenging than the CMA Foundation, but you can clear the CMA examination in the first attempt if you are sincere.
For CMA Intermediate (Group – 1 or 2) Graduates
- Immediately put your old study notes and papers aside; there is a significant difference between Group – 1 and Group – 2 of CMA Intermediate 2020
- Begin by reading Operations Management and Indirect Taxation theory parts and make notes as and where applicable. Create a study plan if you have not done so already.
- CMA aspirants need to complete 3 years of practical training for them to become qualified Cost and Management Accountants (CMAs), so right now it might be a good time to start looking for articleship or apprenticeship opportunities.
- Do NOT increase your social interaction by too much; you have only won half the battle (if you cleared 1 of the 2 groups).
- In case you have passed both groups of CMA Inter, check out How to Clear CMA Final Group – 1.
For CMA Final Graduates
- Congratulate yourself and have a memorable celebration! You DESERVE it! 😊
- Understand that now you have left the student world behind yourself; now you are a full-fledged professional.
- Acquire your practitioner license number from the ICMAI, so you can start your own practice.
- You can now amend your CV/resume and start looking for suitable opportunities.
- Keep yourself updated with ALL the recent developments related to your line of expertise including all the notifications and news posted by the ICMAI.
Now, if you did NOT clear the examination, do the following:
- Do NOT be too hard on yourself. Not being able to clear the examination is NOT a crime. You do NOT deserve punishment, so understand that.
- Spend time with some people who would understand your struggle and efforts; those people should make you feel good about yourself.
- Do something you like: sports, travelling, music, gaming, etc. This is to relax your mind and get some of that stress out of your head.
- Do NOT spend 1 week after the result in isolation. During this time, you are most likely to have negative thoughts in your mind, so be around people who are positive about life.
- Once you are ready to get back in the battle, get back to your books and make a checklist of what all mistakes you think you made.
- Keep this checklist posted in front of your study area so you can see it every day and be reminded of whether you are making those mistakes again or not.
And, the next time you feel like giving up, just remember that it took Thomas Edison 10,000 tries (or failures) to finally create an electric bulb that is today lighting up homes around the world.
The path to becoming a CMA is long and certainly challenging, but you ARE NOT ALONE in this. We at SuperProfs are right here to accompany you in your journey and see to your success! 😊
You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the CMA examination.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline