CS December 2020 exams opt out and fees carry forward option
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the ICSI has allowed the students to opt out of December 2020 exams. The option of CS December 2020 exams opt out also comes with the ability to carry forward the exam fees to June 2021 exam session.
The ICSI opt out option for December 2020 exams is applicable for both sets of students – those who’s June 2020 exams got merged with the December exams and also those who had registered for the December 2020 exams in the first place.
Key decisions taken for ICSI CS December 2020 exams opt out option
The institute has decided as under:
- To allow students to opt for June 2021 exam session, instead of December 2020 exam session
- Carry forward the exam fees already paid by the students for the module for which they have enrolled for June 2020 session (merged with December 2020 session) / December 2020 session
- Student’s enrolment status as on date shall be carried forward in total. (i.e. module, centre, exemptions, medium, syllabus, elective subject what is available as on date in the enrolment status shall be carried forward as it is)
- Students desirous of enrolling for additional number of modules in June 2021, shall be required to enrol for the respective modules and remit the additional exam fees for such module through online mode separately when in enrolment process for June 2021 exam session shall commence in future.
- Any modification/addition in the enrolment status shall be allowed subject to validity of registration of Executive and Professional program students.
Further notification for extension of last attempt for CS Executive and Professional old syllabus (2012)
The ICSI has also announced that the last attempt for the old syllabus students has been extended to June 2021. With respect to this, note the following points:
- Examination for following three elective subjects of Professional Program (New Syllabus) shall also be conducted in June 2021 exam session:
- Forensic Audit
- Direct Tax Laws and Practice
- Valuation and Business Modelling
- If a student has already switched to the new syllabus (2017) then they can’t switch back to the old syllabus (2012)
- Refund and partial carry forward of exam fees shall not be allowed.
How to opt out of ICSI December 2020 exams
The window for availing the opt out option opens on November 2, 2020 (Monday) at 00:01 hours and closes on November 6, 2020 (Friday) at 23:59 hours. You must apply within this time.
To apply for opt out of CS exams December 2020, you must fill this google form only.
Any requests received from any other mode will not be entertained by the institute.
Please note that once you apply for the fees carry forward / opt out option, you can not take it back. It will be treated as final.