In a notification released today on June 18, 2020, ICSI has provided its students an option to cancel their registration for June 2020 attempt (which was earlier postponed to August) and instead enrol for December 2020 exams. This ICSI exam fees carry forward option for June to December 2020 comes amid a growing concern around the Covid-19 pandemic situation in the country.
ICSI exam fees carry forward option for August 2020 exams – impact on your candidature
ICSI has said that some students have raised concerns over the status of their exam fees in case they want to appear for the December exams instead of June exam session. To help such students, ICSI has decided to provide an option to carry forward your August exam fees to December 2020 exam session.
Important points regarding carrying forward your June (August) 2020 ICSI exam fees to December 2020:
- Carry forward the examination fee already paid by the students for the module for which they have enrolled for June 2020 session.
- Students desirous of enrolling for additional number of modules in Dec 2020 exam session shall be required to enroll for the respective modules and remit the additional exam fee for such module through online mode separately when enrolment process for Dec 2020 exam session shall commence in future.
- Partial carry forward of exam fees shall not be allowed. For example, if any student has applied for appearing in two modules in June 2020 exam session, but now he wants to appear in only one module in June 2020 and wants to carry forward the fees for the other module to Dec 2020 exam session, that will not be allowed.
Procedure for opting out of ICAI July 2020 exams
Here’s what a student needs to do in order to carry forward their candidature to ICSI December 2020 exam session:
- Visit http://support.icsi.edu
- Click on “Registered User”. On user login screen enter username and password and submit captcha to complete login. Your username is your ICSI registration number.
- Select “carry forward exam fees” from drop down list under “Topic”
- Select “From June 2020 to Dec 2020” from drop down list under “sub topic”.
- Write “Please cancel my enrolment for June 2020 exam session”, under text box of “Complaint description”.
- Take printout of Declaration form (available on the ICSI website here). Handwritten copy will also be accepted if printout is not possible. Duly fill all particulars and sign it. Now upload a scanned copy of this duly filled declaration form under “document upload” option. [Only pdf, png, jpg, jpeg files with maximum file size of 1MB is allowed].
- Enter the captcha code and click “Submit”
- Now students’ request is received.
- Declaration form received through any other mode will not be accepted.
On receipt of the above declaration, student’s enrolment for June 2020 session of examination will be cancelled and his/her candidature will be carried forward for enrolment for December 2020 session.
It is important to note here that once a student opts for the carry forward of their exam fees and submits the declaration form, it will be treated as final and no changes will be allowed under any circumstances.
This facility will be available from 20th June (Saturday) 00:01 hours (12:01 AM) to 30th June (Tuesday) 23:59 hours (11:59 PM)
What should you do?
If you’re a CS student registered for the June (August) 2020 exams, we would suggest you to opt out and go for the December attempt. This will remove any uncertainty around your exams and also gives you another 5 months to solidify your preparation.
If you’re already a SuperProfs student, we’re offering course extension at minimal prices. If you’re not yet enrolled with us, you can get courses for December 2020 attempt at very lucrative prices. Call us at 01141170752 to get your course or extension now!