How to Prepare For CS Professional Open Book Exam Dec 2018
How to Prepare For CS Professional Open Book Exam Dec 2018. In previous post we have given ICSI Open Book Exam For CS Professional Programme. Today we are providing details about Why open book examination for CS Students ?, Objective of CS open book examination, How to prepare for the CS open book examination ?, Important points to be noted in CS open book exam and How to pass or tips to prepare CS Professional Open book exam Dec 2018. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has introduced the system of CS Professional open book exam for following five Elective Papers.
1. Banking Law and Practice
2. Capital, Commodity and Money Market
3. Insurance Law and Practice
4. Intellectual Property Rights — Law and Practice
5. International Business-Laws and Practice
Why Open Book Examination For CS Students?
In professional life, the challenge for Company Secretaries lies in finding out the solution, in a given situation and in right time. It requires application oriented knowledge to a given situation. With a view to kindle the application orientation in the students and provide them with an idea of real life challenges, open book examination has been introduced for Company Secretaryship students.
Objective of CS Professional Open Book Exam
1. To build strong conceptual knowledge;
2. To make the students understand the intent and purpose of the
subject rather than memorising.
3. To equip the students with the solution finding abilities;
4. To kindle the application oriented knowledge
5. To understand and apply the procedural remedies
Structure of CS Professional open Book exam for Elective Papers :
1. Question No. 1 – Case Study of 50 Marks
2. Question No. 2 – Questions based on study of regulation(s) to the related subject(s) of 30 Marks
3. Question No. 3 – Questions covering important topics of the syllabus of 20 Marks
How to Prepare For The CS Professional Open Book Exam ?
The essential difference between closed book examinations and Cs Professional open book exam is that the former is used to evaluate how much information the students have been able to store in their minds. While open book examination is used to evaluate the ability to acquire knowledge, to modify existing knowledge on the basis of new experience, to build new knowledge, and to apply available knowledge to solve problems and make intelligent decisions.
Suppose the examination consists of information based question like, “Explain the term strategic alliance?” students can then easily find the answers in the textbooks or notes, and copy them in their answer books. Such questions are not asked in open book examination.
Therefore it is a myth that open book examination does not require studying or they are easy to handle, as one can carry one’s book/material etc. In open book examination, books are used only as a source of reference; candidates are expected to give their own interpretation of concepts, which require prior studying and better understanding. So read in detail all concepts of the study material and try to apply them to new situations.
CS Professional Open Book Exam Dec 2018
In order to succeed in CS Professional open book exam, the student must follow the suggestion given below:
1. Acquiring in depth conceptual knowledge about the application of the subjects in real life, in terms of legislations, procedure and business perspective.
2. Understanding the intent and purpose of legislative framework relating to the subject
3. Develope skills to interpret the regulatory aspects
4. Logical reading and analysing the possible issues/case /compliances
5. Correlating facts and circumstances given in the case with the applicable regulatory framework
6. Understanding the available procedural remedies
7. Listing out the skills required to tackle the given problem
8. Understanding the technical jargons relating to the subject.
9. Develop writing skills and present answers with proper logical reasoning
10. Practise solving as many case studies as possible.
11. Apprise yourself with recent developments, happenings in the subject
A case study is a descriptive, exploratory or explanatory analysis of a person, group or event. A case study is not just the recount of the issues and problems; it is also the detailing of solutions and recommendations. Regardless of the question format, following process can be followed in successfully answering a case study during an exam:
1. Identify the Problem
2. Specify the limits and boundaries under which a case has to be solved
3. Cite the key words given/narrated in the case
4. Make necessary assumptions
5. Identify possible solutions
6. Select best possible solution
7. Sum up the case which describe the problem and how the implementations plan of the best solution tackles it optimally.
Tips For Preparation
Follow these below tips in CS Professional open book exam.
1. You need to have a thorough knowledge of the topics, which may be asked in the exam. Study your textbook, take notes and practice the questions.
2. During the exam, first analyse the question so you are clear about what exactly is being asked. Divide the question into parts if needed, Underline the topic words (what you are to write about) and Circle the task words (how you are to write about it).
3. Familiarize yourself with the format, layout and structure of your text books and source materials. You do not have a lot of time to look for information in the exam. You need to know exactly where everything is. Organise your notes into cards or pages. Use sticky notes or tags in your books.
4. Before an open book test, identify key concepts and terms which will more than likely appear on the test. After you’ve done this, locate where this information is available in the book you’re permitted to use for the test. When doing this, your main concern is locating the information, not studying it.
5. Questions in open book exams require complex answers. You are expected to give a considered answer using reason and evidence to back it up.
6. During an open book test, answer the questions you are familiar with before answering ones where you need the book. This will make it possible to complete the test on time.
7. Never copy information from the book word to word and pass it off as answer. Examiners are concerned with what their students have learned, not whether they can locate information in a book. It is permissible to use quotes from the book to support your positions or analysis, but do not rely too heavily on them.
8. Don’t over-answer; rather write answers which are concise, accurate, thoughtful and based on proper logical reasoning.
You can easily pass your CS Professional open book exam, if you follow above preparation tips !!
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE CS Online Classes for CS Aspirants. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career of CS.