SuperProfs is providing tips to prepare CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws. ICSI has given subject wise specific guidance to CS Executive students who are going to write CS Executive exam.
How to Prepare CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws. In previous post we have given CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws previous exams question papers.
The CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws subject Capital Market and Securities Laws is a very important subject of the CS Course. The Company Secretaries are recognized under various securities Laws such as Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956, Depositories Act, 1996,Regulations and guidelines issued by SEBI under the SEBI Act, 1992 and the Listing Agreement of the Stock Exchanges for Equity, Debt, IDRs & SME Listing.
SEBI has also authorized Practicing Company Secretaries to undertake internal audit of various capital market intermediaries and issue of quarterly certificate with respect to reconciliation of share capital audit.
Students’ general perception that Capital Markets and Securities Laws is a theoretical subject, is a myth. The objective of this paper is to give expert knowledge; therefore a student has to be fully conversant of all applicable laws in securities laws. After passing the CS course, the members have to deal with the practical situations and apply the theory of the relevant subject.
CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws Important Preparation Tips
Keeping this in view, student should keep the following points into consideration.
1. Concentrating more on the analytical skill for implication of theory in a given case.
2. As mentioned above a company secretary can conduct internal audit as well as be a compliance officer of the company, so a student is required to have thorough knowledge on Listing Agreement and also on various intermediaries’ regulations.
3. With the enactment of Companies Act, 2013 SEBI has been taking initiatives to align with Companies Act, 2013 and in this direction, it has revised clause 49. So a student has to be well versed with the provisions of clause 49, their applicability and corresponding provisions of Companies Act, 2013 for better understanding and grasp of the subject.
4. Referring case study as posted on the website of SEBI regularly.
5. Attend study circle meetings organised by the chapters regularly on the related topic.
6. Access the websites of SEBI, NSE, BSE etc. for the updated rules and regulations.
7. Referring to one financial daily and journal for latest happenings in the corporate world with respect to the securities laws.
8. Refer to Institute’s Journal ‘Student Company Secretary e-Bulletin’ and ‘Chartered Secretary’ for constant updation on legislative changes made from time to time.
9. For updation, Students are advised to read ‘Student Company Secretary e-Bulletin’, Chartered Secretary, Bare Act, SEBI recommended books and other publications on the subject.
The Students preparing for Executive Programme are advised to study effectively for proper understanding, knowledge adequate gain and have conceptual clarity on the subject. It is equally important to have command and grasping over the subject of Capital Markets and Securities Laws to form a strong foundation which will be helpful at professional level to clear the examination.
How to Prepare CS Executive Module – 1 and Module – 2
ICSI providing specific guidance on each subject in CS Executive programme. Click below links to read
Module – 1
Module – 2
Share this article ” How to Prepare CS Executive Capital Market and Securities laws ” to your friends, who are going to write CS Executive exam shortly.
Few Important Links for CS Students
|CS Syllabus||CS Question Paper||CS Result|
|CS Registration||CS Previous Year Paper||CS Admit Card|
|CS Exam Dates||CS Solved Paper/ Suggested Answer||CS Application Dates|
You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for CS and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the CS examination.