GATE 2021 can be regarded as the best platform at the graduate level when it comes to future prospects from GATE. In this article you will get to know about the benefits of the GATE Exam in detail below:
GATE 2020 examination conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, in the month of February 2021 on 25 disciplines in form of a Computer-Based Test (CBT) shall be announcing the results in March 2021 (tentative) that will be made available on the GOAPS website along with the respective discipline wise cut-offs (minimum marks which a candidate needs to secure in order to qualify the exam). GATE 2021 scorecard will be available for qualified candidates and the GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
Following we have mentioned some points from which you will able to find out all the benefits of the GATE Exam.
- Higher Studies from GATE
- Research Work
- Teaching Job
- Walk-in Placements
- Atomic Research
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management
Benefits of GATE Exam in detail
- Higher Studies from GATE: A candidate willing to pursue master’s degree (M.Tech) from the prestigious institutes for engineering in the country i.e. Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institute of Technology (NITs), International Institute of Technology (IIITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) can redeem the opportunity by appearing and qualifying GATE. GATE scorecard has a validity of three years for M.Tech admission. Besides, GATE provides a gateway to pursue his/her dream of studying abroad in universities like the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore and Technical University of Germany, RWTH Aachen University in Germany through the GATE scorecard.
- Research Work: GATE allows the candidate to fulfill his/her curiosity in the research field in several IITs and NITs along with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) programmes with an average monthly stipend of 15000-20000 INR. Also, the GATE scorecard can provide an opportunity to research in the R&D department of Counsel of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), established by the Government of India which allows the candidate a higher monthly stipend.
- Teaching Job: GATE qualified candidates can apply for teaching jobs at the designation of Assistant Professor in various institutes like Thapar University, Sharda University, Amity University, etc. However, to opt for teaching in IITs or NITs the candidate needs to be from a well-reputed college along with a Ph.D. under progress.
- Walk-in Placements: A candidate undergoing his/her master’s can get recruited in the best multi-national companies like Phillips, Google, CISCO, TATA, SKODA, Maruti, LG, Siemens, Samsung, INTEL, Qualcomm, etc. through direct placements in institutes such as IITs, IIITs, NITs, Thapar University, BITS Pilani, Delhi Technical University, etc. Also, some Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) prefer post-graduate candidates from the above-mentioned institutes.
- Atomic Research: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has also started recruiting through GATE in mainly two programs viz. Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates (OCES) for a period of five years in BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore, Hyderabad, and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates (DGFS) for two years for atomic research.
- Public Sector Undertaking (PSU): Lately GATE has become the best platform for seeking employment in various Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) based on the GATE score and rank after qualifying subsequent rounds of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) which vary for different PSUs. Some PSUs that have been recruiting through GATE score are mentioned below in the table along with the eligible disciplines:
|Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)||Eligible Disciplines|
|AAI (Airport Authority of India)||EE, EC, CE, AR|
|BBNL(Bharat Broadband Network Limited)||EC, CS|
|BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited)||ME, EE, EC, MT|
|BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)||ME, EE|
|BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.)||ME, EE|
|BNPM ( Bank Note Paper Mill)||EE, EC, CH|
|BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)||CS, EC, EE, IN|
|BSPHCL(Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited)||EC, EE|
|Cabinet Secretariat||PH, CY, EC|
|CEL (Central Electronics Limited)||EC, ME, EE, CE|
|DDA (Delhi Development Authority)||CE, EE, ME|
|DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Cooperation)||EE, EC|
|DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation)||ME, EE, CH, EC, CS|
|ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limited)||EC, ME, CS|
|EdCIL India (Educational Consultants India Limited)||CE, EC|
|EIL (Engineers India Limited)||CE,ME,CH|
|GSECL (Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited)||EE, ME|
|HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)||EE, EC, ME, CE|
|HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)||ME, CE, CH|
|IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Limited)||CH, CE, CS, EE, EC, IN, ME, MT, XE|
|IRCON||CE, EE, ME|
|KRIBHCO (Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited)||CE, EE, EC, ME, IN, CH, CS|
|MDL (Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited)||ME, EE|
|MECL (Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited)||GG, ME, PE|
|MIDHANI (Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited)||ME, MT, EE|
|MPPGCL (Madhya Pradesh Power Generation Company Limited)||ME, EE, EC|
|MRVC Ltd (Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation)||CE, EC, EE|
|NALCO (National Aluminium Company Limited)||ME, EE, MT, EC, IN|
|NFL (National Fertilizers Limited)||CH, ME, IN, EE, CE, CS|
|NHAI (National Highways Authority of India)||CE|
|NHPC||EE, CE, ME, GG|
|NPCIL (Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited)||ME, EE, CE, CH, IN, EC|
|NTC (National Textile Corporation)||TE|
|NLC||ME, EE, EC, CE, IN, CE|
|NTPC||EE, ME, EC, IN, MN|
|OIL (Oil India Limited)||ME, GG, EC, EE|
|ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)||ME, EE, EC, CE, IN, CS|
|OPGC Ltd (Odisha Power Generation Corporation)||ME, EE, CE|
|PGCIL (Power Grid Corporation of India Limited)||EE, EC, CE, CS|
|POSOCO (Power System Operation Corporation Limited)||EE, CS|
|PSPCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited)||EE, EC, CS, CE|
|RITES||CE, ME, EC, EE|
|RVNL (Rail Vikas Nigam Limited)||CE, ME, EC, EE|
|SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited)||ME, MT, EE, IN, CH, MN|
|Vizag Steel||ME, EE, MT|
|WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company)||EE, CE, ME, CS|
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management: National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai also consider GATE score for Post-Graduate Diploma courses in the field of Industrial Engineering. Selection in the aforementioned institute requires qualifying GATE along with the subsequent Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. NITIE offers three diploma courses:
- PGDIE: Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- PGDMM: Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- PGDPM: Post-Graduate Diploma in Manufacturing Management
- Fellowship Program in Management (FPM): The country’s best institutes for management i.e. Indian Institute of Management (IIM) offer Fellowship Program in Management (FPM) for a duration of five years through GATE score which serves the purpose of a candidate wishing to pursue management in IIMs through GATE. However, more information regarding this can be found on the official websites of IIMs.
We hope this article about the Benefits of GATE Exam has helped you in understanding the topic. Share this article about the Benefits of GATE Exam with your friends to help them in the examination process. In this time of need, SuperProfs is always there to provide you with online guidance. All the best!
GATE Application Form – Important Details
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trial Classes for GATE-2021 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career. You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for GATE and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the GATE examination. Share this article about the Benefits of GATE Exam with your friends to help them in the examination process.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline