Most of the engineering graduates in India see Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) as a basket full of opportunities for jobs and pursuing higher studies. And Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of those branches which witness most no. of students appeared, increasing the level of competition manifolds. To excel in such competition, many students join coaching institutes which eventually help them in their qualification. But books are an inseparable part of any exam’s preparation and good books, many a time, become the most important factor in one’s excelling an exam.
To start preparing for any examination, one should be thorough with the syllabus. Now that you’ve gone through the syllabus we can discuss about the GATE ECE books. There are total 11 subjects including Engineering mathematics and General Aptitude in GATE ECE paper. Following list we’ve prepared as best GATE ECE books:-
- Network Theory :-
- “Network & Systems” by D. Roy Chaudhury
- “Engineering Circuit Analysis” by William H. Hayt
- Digital Electronics :-
- “Digital Design” by M. Morris Mano
- “Modern Digital Electronics” by R.P. Jain
- Electromagnetic Theory :-
- “Elements of Electromagnetics” by Sadiku
- “Antenna and Wave Propagation” by K.D. Prasad
- Control Systems :-
- “Control Systems and Engineering” by I.J. Nagrath and Gopal
- “Automatic Control Systems” by B.C. Kuo
- Signal and Systems :-
- “Signal and Systems” by Alan V Oppenheim, Alan S. Willsky and S. Hamid Nawab
- Communication Systems :-
- “Communication Systems” by Simon Haykins
- “Modern Digital and Analog Communications” by B.P. Lathi
- Electronic Devices and Circuits & Analog Electronics :-
- “Integrated Electronics : Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems” by Jacob Millman and Christos C. Halkias
- “OP Amp and Linear Integrated Circuits” by Ramakant A. Gayakwad
- “Solid State Electronic Devices” by Streetman and Banerjee
- Microprocessors :-
- “Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and Applications” by Ramesh Gaonkar.
- Analog Circuits :-
- “A textbook on Analog Circuits” by A. Rajkumar
- “Microelectronic Circuits” by Sedra and Smith
- Engineering Mathematics :-
- “Advanced Engineering Mathematics” by R.K. Jain and S.R.K. Iyengar
- “Higher Engineering Mathematics” by B.S. Grewal
Here we have not mentioned any books for General Aptitude as it can be practiced by solving previous years’ questions and also the level of its questions is not very alarming. If one wants to practice it, Quantitative Aptitude by R. S. Agrawal can be used. Rest all these GATE ECE books are those which can help one build their concepts thoroughly and provide ample of questions which would build one’s problem solving ability at par with the competition. Further, when one is done finishing these books, previous years gate ece papers can be gathered to solve as some of them can be found repeated.
GATE ECE 2018 needs lot of preparation from a candidate to excel in the ever increasing competition and we wish you all the best with it.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.