GATE EE students may have confusion regarding the main subjects and which gate electrical books to follow. One can find several books on one particular subject. This is always important as understanding the concept is crucial to crack GATE EE. For that aspirants always want to buy proper GATE electrical books which clarify all the concepts regarding subjects.
GATE Electrical Engineering | GATE EE 2019
Electrical Engineering exam pattern for GATE has three aspects to cover. Their respective weightages are given below.
- Engineering Mathematics (13%)
- General Aptitude (15%)
- Electrical Engineering subject questions (72%)
Best Books for GATE Electrical Engineering
Here, List of gate electrical books which are widely used in respective subjects for GATE EE is given.
- Common recommended book for Engineering Mathematics is:
- Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S Grewal.
- GATE Engineering Mathematics for all Streams by Arihant Publications.
- Common recommended book for General Aptitude is:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal.
Different GATE electrical books with different areas of electrical engineering are given below.
- For Electric Circuit
- Fundamental of Electric Circuits by Charles K. Alexander, Matthew N.O. Sadiku.
- For Electromagnetic Fields
- Engineering Electromagnetics by William H Hayt, John A Buck.
- For Signals & Systems
- Signals and Systems by Oppenheim Alan V, Willsky Alan S, Nawab S. Hamid.
- For Electrical Machines
- Electrical Machinery by P. S. Bimbhra.
- For Power Systems
- Electrical Power Systems by C. L. Wadhwa.
- Power System Engineering by I Nagrath, D Kothari.
- For Control Systems
- Control Systems Engineering by I.J.Nagrath, M. Gopal.
- For Analog and Digital Electronics
- Integrated Electronics: Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems by Christos C. Halkias, Chetan D. Parikh, Jacob Millman.
- For Power Electronics
- Power Electronics by P. S.Bimbhra.
All of these gate electrical books are very useful for sharpening your concepts. So make a schedule and start reading all of them. Plan and prepare for GATE EE.
All the best.
|GATE 2019 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2019 Login, Application||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2019||Reference Books For Gate 2019 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2019 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2019 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.