Civil engineering(CE) is an engineering discipline in which India has fostered many institutes of excellence. The civil engineering departments of all top IIT’s boast of faculty that are highly distinguished in their qualifications and research. Apart from government institutes , private institutes like BITS and VIT also boast of quality educators in the field of civil engineering. GATE CE is a very vast area comprising of evergreen fields like Construction engineering, Earthquake engineering, Geotechnical engineering and fairly newer fields like Environmental engineering and Municipal or urban engineering. While the candidates can access study resources of IIT’S from NPTEL website , they are mainly aimed at undergraduate courses. Coaching institutes for GATE CE have in recent years started attracting top faculty from IIT’s and global institutes to create a curriculum targeted at GATE CE preparation.
Best faculty for GATE CE that stand out from the crowd:
|Name and Institute||Educational Background||Awards and Honors|
|1. Prof. Pradipta Banerji, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay.||· B. Tech. (Civil Engg.) : Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
· M.S. (Civil Engg.) : University of California, Berkeley, USA.
· Ph.D. (Civil Engg.) : University of California, Berkeley, USA.
|· Excellence in Teaching award , IIT Bombay.
· Young scientist award nomination, ISCA Calcutta.
· UC Regents’ Fellowship.
· Popert Research Fellowship.
|2. Bhalla Suresh, IIT Delhi||· B.Tech(Civil Engg)Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
· M.S. (Civil Engg.) : School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
· Ph.D ,School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
· Teaching Excellence Award, 2011, First Semester, 2010-11, for Structural Analysis II (CEL 331), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
· Outstanding Young Faculty Award, 2008, awarded by Kusuma Trust, Gibraltar.
· Young Researcher Fellowship Award, 2003, Second MIT Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA.
|3. Ashu Jain ,IIT Kanpur||· PhD, University of Kentucky, USA, 1994
· M.Tech, IIT Bombay, India 1990
· B.E., REC Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, 1988
|· Awarded Endeavour Executive Award 2009 by Ministry of Education, Australia
· Awarded International Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management (ICE WaRM)Fellowship 2008 to visit The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
· Awarded Royal Society Fellowship 2005-06 to visit The University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
|4.Garg P.K.||· B.E Civil Engg. University of Roorkee 1980
· M.E. Advanced Surveying & Photogrammetry,University of Roorkee 1982
· Ph.D. Remote Sensing University of Bristol, UK 1991
|· Gold Medal University of Roorkee 1982.
· Commonwealth Academic Staff Scholarship ,British Council ,1987-1990.
· ISRS SPECK Award Indian Society of Remote Sensing Conference,2003
· Rastriya Gaurav Award India International Friendship Society,2004
· Faculty Star Performer,IIT Roorkee 2005-2006.
|· Dr Ravi Kant Mittal||· Ph.D. (Geotechnical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
· M.E (Earthquake Engineering-Soil Dynamics), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
· B.E (Civil Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
|· Best paper award for “Liquefaction Screening Criteria For Earth Dams.”|
For more information feel free to contact Superprofs , which itself boasts of quality educators and faculty from institutes like IIT’S and Stanford .
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.