DVC Recruitment through GATE 2018. DVC (Damodar Valley Corporation) will release the notification regarding the recruitment of engineers via GATE 2018 scores. candidates who are willing to Apply must have to qualify GATE 2017 or 2018 Exam.
DVC is one of the premier power utilities in India engaged in Thermal/Hydel Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution with its Head Quarters stationed at Kolkata and Power Plants, Substations and offices spread across the states of West Bengal and Jharkhand.
DVC emerged as a culmination of attempts made over a whole century to control the wild and erratic River Damodar.
The PSU has the vision to be a leading integrated power major while discharging mandated responsibilities towards flood control, irrigation, water supply and soil conservation with a firm commitment to the socio-economic development of the Damodar Valley.
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) will announce the recruitment of engineering graduates through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018).
DVC intends to fulfil the obligations towards stakeholders and provide quality power and best in class services at competitive rates to the consumers.
At present, DVC has 45 sub-stations and receiving stations more than 8900-circuit km of transmission and distribution lines. DVC has also four dams, a barrage and a network of canals (2494 km) that play an effective role in water management. The construction of wasteland treatment developed by DVC plays a vital role in eco-conservation and environment management.
DVC Recruitment through GATE 2018
Number of Vacancies:
DVC is yet to announce the number of vacancies in each stream.
- Candidate must have completed a full-time Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology from AICTE approved Institute/College/University.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% in their Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidates must have qualified in GATE 2017 or GATE 2018.
- The age limit for candidates applying for DVC recruitment should not be more than 29 years for candidates belonging to General category as on the last date of application. The candidates belonging to reserved category will be provided with relaxation.
A score of candidates in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2018 will be a determining factor in the selection. The graduate engineers who are interested in taking up a career in DVC need to appear for GATE 2018 in the relevant disciplines.
Based on the GATE score, candidates will then be qualified for the next selection rounds consisting of a personal interview to assess a candidates’ understanding of different facets, skills and attitude. Candidates have to first successfully pass the GATE-2018 examination and after that the PI to make it to the selection. Merit list will be prepared based on GATE score, and PI scores, and will as per each discipline.
Damodar Valley Corporation offers great pay packages. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay of Rs. 54, 985*.
*These figures (are tentative) are based on the statistics of last year.
Documents Required at the Time of Application:
- GATE scorecard
- Qualifying Degree Certificate, Mark Sheets
- Caste/Category Certificate (for SC/OBC-NCL Candidates)
- Discharge Certificate in the case of Ex-Serviceman Candidates.
- Scanned photograph and signature (as per dimensions are given in the official notification).
- Any other details/documents required relating to eligibility criteria.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to go to the official website of DVC, www.dvc.gov.in
- Click on ‘Recruitment’ tab on the home page.
- Select ‘Recruitment Notice’ Tab
- Hit on the ‘Employment Notification’ link.
- Click the “Apply Online” tab.
- Fill the online application form with required information such as personal, qualification, experience details.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Take a print out of the application form for further reference.
How to Upload the Documents?
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the relevant link “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it.
- After that, candidates are required to upload the images of recent Photograph and Signature Specimen. The image file should be JPG or JPEG format.
- The photo of the candidate should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed.
- The candidate should scan his signature, which has been put on white paper using Black Ink pen.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
GATE (GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING) 2018 Exam is an online examination conducted to test the understanding of candidate in undergraduate subjects of Engineering, Technology, Architecture and in postgraduate subjects of science. Download Application Form from GATE Official Website information is provided here.
GATE 2018 Exam Score can be used for admissions in various Post graduate programs in various IIT’s, NIT’s and other centrally funded institutions. Nowadays various PSU’s are also hiring with the GATE Score.
This exam is jointly coordinated by the seven IIT’s and IISC in rotation, with IIT-Guwahati being the Organizing Institute for GATE 2018.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.