GATE Admit Card 2017 has released. Applicants can start downloading their GATE 2017 admit cards from 5th January 2017. You can download GATE 2017 Admit card at here. GATE 2017 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February. As per the application schedule and timings, online application for GATE 2017 have already closed and the time for aspirants to download GATE Admit Card / Hall Ticket is just round the corner.
GATE 2017 admit card can be downloaded now
Candidate login for downloading admit card:
You can check more details about Zone wise GATE admit card 2017.
Candidates are advised to download their admit card only once to avoid any problem. Your Admit card /Hall Ticket will carry all important dates and information like GATE enrolment ID, Exam Centre details, Exam timings etc.
GATE 2017 Exam Dates & Timings
|GATE 2017 Examination Schedule|
|Date & Day||Session No.||Time (IST)||Test Paper Code|
|4th February 2017 (Saturday)||1||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||ME, AR, TF|
|2||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||ME, AG, GG|
|5th February 2017 (Sunday)||3||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||EC, BT, CY, EY, PI|
|4||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||EC, AE, MA, MT, PE, PH|
|11th February 2017 (Saturday)||5||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CS, EE|
|6||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CS, EE|
|12th February 2017 (Sunday)||7||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CE, CH, MN|
|8||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CE, IN, XE, XL|
GATE 2017 Admit Card – FAQs & Pre Exam Hall Instructions
When will I receive my GATE admit card?Admit Card can ONLY be downloaded from http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in/ from 5th January 2017. Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post or as email attachment.
Is the Admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?NO. The Admit Card has to be brought to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application.ONLY one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee Identification Card or driving License. Candidates in international Centers need to bring any valid identification as was mentioned in their application. Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if the original and valid photo identification is not presented.
Will I be provided with any white paper for rough work and calculations during the test?A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination.
Am I allowed to leave the examination hall during the test?NO. Candidates will NOT be allowed to leave the examination hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the computer laboratory where the exam will be conducted only after the closure of the test at the scheduled end of examination in a session.
What items are not permitted to be brought with me inside the examination venue?Only admit card, identification card and a pen shall be permitted to be taken by the candidate to be taken inside the examination hall. Candidates whose enrollment ids have been displayed on website as provisional, need to bring the required documents and submit it in the examination hall to the authorities. A simple wrist watch without any calculation device is permissible. Water and toilet facilities are available in the examination center.
Can I use a physical calculator during the examination?NO. During the online GATE 2017 examination, all candidates will be provided with a virtual scientific calculator which has to be used to answer the questions. No physical calculator will be allowed inside the examination hall. The same applies to mobile phones and wrist watches with calculation facility. GATE 2017 will not provide any storage space at examination locations for such objects. If a candidate brings personal belongings including mobile phones, those will have to be kept outside the examination hall at the candidate’s risk. If the candidate is found to be in possession (even if not using) of any calculator and mobile phone and wrist watch with calculation facility, he/she shall be disqualified and the result shall not be declared for the candidate.
Will there be any arrangement at the test center for the safe keeping of my personal items such as my mobile phone?NO. Such arrangements will not be possible at the test center.
What happens if a physical calculator (even on an electronic watch) or a mobile phone (even in switched off mode) is found in my possession in the examination hall?Such cases will naturally constitute violation of GATE 2017 rules and will lead to disqualification of the candidature. All such candidates were disqualified in GATE 2016.
What is a NAT question?For Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections, the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or 10.001 (three decimals). In each NAT question, the decimal places up to which the answer should be given shall be mentioned. Wherever not mentioned in the question paper for the required decimal places to be entered, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places ONLY.
Instructions on Admit card (to be followed before entry in the examination center/hall)
- The Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof (for example: valid passport/PAN CARD/Voter ID/Aadhar UID/Valid College ID/Employee ID/Driving License.
- The Admit Card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferable colour print-out of this Admit Card on an A4 Sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination ONLY after their credentials are verified by Centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before start of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to locate the examination centre and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 Hours (IST) in the forenoon session and after 14:30 Hours (IST) in the Afternoon Session. This shall be followed very very strictly and NO pleading shall be accepted.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of candidate’s personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.