GATE Preparation Tips for Civil Engineering: Here we have listed a few points that will help aspirants in GATE Civil Preparation. You may go through this page to know How to Crack GATE Civil Engineering? This article discusses numerous tips that will immensely help the students to prepare for the GATE Civil Engineering exam. The following provides the tips which, when followed, will provide good results: Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Eligibility for GATE Civil Engineering Exam Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B. Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog Age- No limit
How to prepare for GATE Civil Engineering 2020/21
To Prepare GATE Civil Engineering Paper for 2020/2021, you need to follow below given steps.
Step 1: Know the Syllabus
The first step the students need to take is to collect the correct syllabus. This step will ensure that they prepare only those subjects from which the questions are asked in the GATE exam. The same will prevent unnecessary time wastage by studying non-important topics. Syllabus of GATE Civil Engineering Exam GATE Civil Engineering syllabus consists special, and core topics. Both core and special topics are taken from your 4 year engineering study. Download the PDF for GATE Civil Engineering syllabus. GATE – Civil Engineering (CE) Syllabus
Step 2: Select the Best Reference Books for GATE Civil Engineering
The second step that must be followed by the students is to start studying those basic books of Civil Engineering that covers basic topics. It is necessary to clear the basic concepts first, which will aid in understanding the advanced studies. GATE Civil Engineering Books You can find lots of books with different publications in the online or offline stores, but I am going to share with you some best books which are recommended by the experts and universities for conceptual study.
Step 3: Identify Which Topics should study at First | GATE Civil Preparation
You must always prepare yourself along with the syllabus provided. You cannot prepare yourself without the syllabus. After knowing the syllabus make sure that you cover all the topics relating to it and nothing is omitted. This will be very important to appear for GATE exam and win the exam. For more details, you can visit www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.
Step 4: Prepare a Study Plan
While preparing you must cross check yourself often with the syllabus you noted down. This will help you to work your schedule along with the syllabus and full focus on it. Then to know the timing you will require to answer each question, you can download the past question papers and solve the questions by yourself. Once you do this process, you will be able to recognize the timing required and correct it by yourself before appearing for the main exam. Timing plays an important role in the exam. So do keep all these things while your preparation and prepare at your best for the exam.
How to Prepare for GATE Civil Preparation 2020/2021
- Take a print out of the syllabus. See the weightage of different subjects.
- Whatever subjects that are common to your current semester and GATE, or some tough subjects you have already done in previous semesters, start doing them. Read standard books referred for them. Don’t learn. Build your concepts.
- Make your notes along side.
- Make small targets, daily targets, weekly targets. At this stage, 3-4 hours of study would be okay. Actually, I’m defining the amount because people tend to ask ‘how time to study etc’. But actually, one shouldn’t keep time as the reference, but a topic or two as a measure of time to sit in day.
- Keep targets of 2 or 3 subjects in a semester. Conquer them.
- Practice previous year questions religiously.
- Don’t just do a subject and leave. Revise it after 7-15 days so that you don’t forget it.
- Mark the questions you feel are important, tough or conceptual.
- Be your own critic. Take your own tests. No one can help you better than you, yourself.
- Take a break of a day or two if you feel things are getting hectic.
- Buy some previous year Question Bank, made easy or Ace. But do not follow them blindly. Look for better solutions to some typical questions on the internet.
- Google good sites for GATE in Biotechnology, join some facebook group.
- Have faith in yourself. Tell your parents about your aim and ask them to motivate you daily. The most difficult task would be to keep up your motivation high since the time is long.
- Don’t ever think about the results. Keep doing your share of efforts.
Last Step to Complete GATE Civil Preparation
Lastly, the students must use solved and mock test papers as much as possible. This will help them immensely to clear the exam. GATE Civil Engineering Exam Helpful Online Community & Forums Online community and forums are helpful when you are newbie to the exam. Learn the tips & tricks from experts in these forums and communities. You can visit these reputed forums for GATE Civil Engineering exam related doubts and questions. After completing B tech or B.E, most of the students who want to make their career in research and development, they look forward for masters. Getting a master’s degree from reputed universities like IIT, IISC etc. increases the importance and knowledge of his field. When anyone qualifies GATE ,it means he/she has good engineering knowledge. That’s why R&D companies and organizations demand for GATE qualified score. We hope this article about GATE Application Form Corrections has helped you in understanding the topic. Share this article with your friends to help them in the examination process. In this time of need, SuperProfs is always there to provide you with online guidance. All the best!
GATE Application Form 2020 – Important DetailsGATE Preparation Tips | Exam Strategy
|Benefits of GATE Exam||GATE Exam Procedure||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2020||Reference Books For Gate 2020 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2020 – 2021 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Prep Strategy & Study Tips||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trial Classes for GATE-2020 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career. You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for GATE and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the GATE examination.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline
This article contains useful information about the GATE Civil Preparation Strategy 2020/2021 and GATE CE Exam Prep. Read and share the article with your friends if you find it helpful!