GATE Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020 details. GATE 2020 Exam is an online examination conducted to test the understanding of candidates in undergraduate subjects of Engineering, Technology, Architecture and in postgraduate subjects of science. Know the details of GATE Eligibility criteria from below.
GATE Score can be used for admissions in various Postgraduate programs in various IIT’s, NIT and other centrally funded institutions. Nowadays various PSU’s are also hiring with the GATE Score.
Here you can get information about GATE Eligibility Criteria for the 2020 exam from below.
Eligibility Criteria For GATE 2020:
Qualifying Degree / Examination
Description of Eligible Criteria GATE 2020
Year of Qualification not later than
|B.E./B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|B.Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/Naval Architecture (4 years course)/Planning (4 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B.Sc.(Research) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2020|
|(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)|
|Pharm. D.||6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Currently in the 4th/5th/6th year or||2022|
|(after 10+2)||already completed|
|M.B.B.S.||Four and half (4.5) years program||7th, 8th, 9th or already completed||2020|
|M.Sc./ M.A./MCA or||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-B.Sc. Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2022|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.Sc./||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Int. B.S.-M.S.||B.S.-M.S. program|
|Professional Society Examinations* (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers- India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
This exam is jointly coordinated by the seven IITs and IISC in the rotation, with IIT Delhi being the Organizing Institute for GATE 2020. The above mentioned is the GATE Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020 Exams.
The following candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE Exam Dates
2020 GATE is scheduled to be conducted on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020.
GATE Application Form details can be found out here.
Some details about the GATE Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit – The minimum age to appear for the GATE Exam is 18 years. There is no upper limit for GATE Exam.
- Number of attempts – There is no restriction on the number of attempts a student can make for the GATE Exam.
- Minimum Pass Percentage – There is no minimum pass percentage to appear for GATE Exam.
- Only the students in their final year or who have graduated already can apply for the Exam.
We hope this article about Eligibility Criteria for GATE has helped you in having a clear understanding of eligibility for the GATE Exam. If you have any doubts regarding changes in GATE 2020 syllabus, ask the experts at SuperProfs for help.
All the Best!
In case you need further help, you may contact our GATE expert at email@example.com
|Benefits of GATE Exam||GATE Exam Procedure||GATE Exam Details 2020|
|GATE syllabus 2020||Reference Books For Gate 2020 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2020 – 2021 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Prep Strategy & Study Tips||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trial Classes for GATE-2020 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career. You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for GATE and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the GATE examination.
GATE Application Form 2020 – Important Details
Watch Videos Lecture Offline