GATE exam (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a test of a student’s grip over their undergraduate studies from first year to final year. It checks the clarity of the candidates’ concepts and application. They keys to succeed in GATE exam are proper planning, determination, focus and devoted preparation timing. There are a number of GATE exam myths that can put you in a state of predicament. It is best to relieve yourself from being in a sticky situation before appearing for the exam.
Click Here to Register for 7 Days FREE Trial of our GATE-2018 Online Classes >>>
Common GATE Exam Myths
- The first widely spread GATE exam myth is that it is an extremely tough national level exam that requires very high skills to crack. However, like any other exam, the GATE exam too can be cracked if the basic preparation is strong. GATE exam is highly conceptual and thus ample time needs to be spent on preparation and practice.
- The second biggest GATE exam myth is that attending maximum questions will help you score high. GATE exam has negative marking for each wrong attempt, so answer the questions carefully those about which you are 100% confident to maximize marks. The cut off for qualifying each stream in GATE exam is usually 22-30 marks.
- There is another GATE exam myth that one needs to study subjects and topics of graduation, so as to succeed in the exam. All the topics of the graduation syllabus aren’t included in the syllabus for GATE exam. One can easily qualify the exam, by focusing on the important ones and leaving out some sections which they might find difficult. Engineering, Mathematics and General Ability are critical and also high scoring sections. Referring to previous ten years GATE question papers will help to understand important areas to focus on for GATE exam
- Study rigorously and do nothing but study is the most common of all GATE exam myths. For any kind of success, hard work is essential. But one needs to utilize time intelligently and manage it in such a manner that you can attempt all those questions that you can solve correctly. Spending a little time every day on relaxing, and indulging in hobbies one likes, apart from studying, helps improve concentration and reduce stress.
- Most candidates do not prepare really well because they are all apprehensive that since lakhs of people are appearing, their chance of getting through is meagre. This GATE exam myth breaks when we analyze it properly. The real race is only between 2000 to 3000 serious aspirants of the GATE exam, those who study systematically and consistently, to get through.
- Another most important GATE exam myth is to study till late night, especially the night before the exam. Instead go to bed as early as possible and stay relaxed. If you want you can get up early to study instead, and you can set aside some topics to revise.
The GATE exam is just another exam; there is no need to panic about it to a great extent. Be confident; stay cool, especially in the exam hall because fear and tension can make you forget everything. The only way to battle these GATE exam myths is to battle the GATE exam heads on.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.