GATE 2018 Exams – International Notification and Exam Eligibility Criteria
GATE 2018 International examination shall be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). GATE Exam is an online examination conducted to test the understanding of candidates in undergraduate subjects of Engineering, Technology, Architecture and in postgraduate subjects of GATE. Gate Score can be used for admissions in various Post graduate programs in various IIT’s, NIT’s and other centrally funded institutions. Now a days various PSU’s are also hiring with the Gate Score. Here you can also get notification information like GATE 2018 Last Date for Apply.This exam is jointly coordinated by the seven IIT’s and IISC in rotation, with IIT-Roorkee being the Organizing Institute for GATE 2018. Also get details like GATE 2018 Last Date for Apply.
This is the new feature in GATE 2018 International examination. This will allow international students to pursue their masters in IIT’s, NIT’s and various other reputed institutes. Also know details of GATE 2018 Last Date for Apply.
Due to this new feature the number of candidates and the level of completion in exam is expected to increase. Get all GATE Exam Details like Eligibility Criteria, GATE 2018 Last Date for Apply. GATE 2018 Last Date for Apply details are very important for GATE preparing aspirants.
All international candidates can go through the above official poster released by IIT-Roorkee, to get the answer of all their queries about GATE 2018 Exam.
GATE 2018 International Centres
GATE 2018 examinations will be conducted in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore. The application fee for Dubai (UAE) and Singapore centres is US$ 100; and for the remaining it is US$ 50. Candidates of any nationality can opt for international centres.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: (i) must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or; (ii) must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant science subject.
- For candidates at international centres, ONLY a valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification.
- For Foreign nationals, SC/ST/PwD categories are NOT APPLICABLE.
- The session timing at GATE International Centres will be as per their local time and it will be notified well in advance.
- The application procedure remains same for Foreign nationals as that of Indian nationals.
- The candidates opting for international examination centres will be contacted only through their e-mail. However, mobile numbers can be used only when the GATE 2018 Organizing Institute intends to communicate an important information to them.
Documents/ Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form (International Candidates)
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute (format specified in Appendix A of the Information Brochure)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
*Valid Identity Document: Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recognized identification
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2018
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.Sc/M.Sc.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. Sc/M. Sc. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
|For GATE International Candidates from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and UAE, the eligibility criteria to write GATE 2018 is: Candidates who have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Science in a relevant subject or are in the final year of the program.|
Official link : http://gate.iitg.ac.in
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.