The competition for getting better jobs is increasing. Most of the companies prefer students who have cleared the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination, which offers better opportunities and higher recognition. GATE is a very renowned examination which tests the skill and the caliber of the student in various subjects such as logics, analytics, aptitude and general knowledge. GATE is the gateway for students who want to join various post graduation courses and also to get better job openings in public and private sectors after passing the GATE exam successfully.
For the mechanical engineering students it will be an advantage to pass the recognized aptitude test as it offers better career options, good salary package, perks and most importantly, secured jobs. It helps in having better balance of life.
But in order to study for GATE, every mechanical engineer has to work on all the GATE topics which are highly essential. Following are the possible topics of mechanical engineering which the mechanical engineers should focus on for the GATE examination.
GATE topics for Mechanical engineering:
- Shear force and banding moment – diagram concepts
- Friction and wedges
- Reaction and internal forces & Equilibrium of forces
- Moment and couple & C.G & M.I Dynamics
Work and energy concept
- Momentum transfer during collision
GATE Exam pattern
GATE examination has total of 65 questions for 100 marks which includes 10 questions of General Aptitude of total 15 marks. Most of the test papers have two types of questions:
- Multiple choice Question: Every question is of either 1 or 2 marks for every section in all the papers. There will be answers given in four options and the candidate has to choose the right one.
- Numerical answer Question: Each question is of 1 or 2 marks for all the sections of all the papers. The answer has to be entered by the candidate using the keyboard. There will be no choice given to select any answer.
Last Minute preparation to appear for GATE
- The mechanical students should study the GATE topics with complete understanding and without ignoring any subjects.
- The subjects such as Thermal Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace and Energy Systems are needed to be studied thoroughly. You can refer to various books and prepare your notes without skipping any section.
- While studying concentrate more on the concepts and basics of every topic given and the subjects referred. You do not have to spend time studying theory derivatives at all.
- Refer the standard books, which can help you in understanding the concepts clearly for the GATE exam.
- The important GATE topics should be studied according to the syllabus, during the preparation.
- Always study two GATE topics at a time, alternately, which makes you alert with questions and the answers.
GATE is conducted by Indian Institute of Science. It is mandatory for the engineering graduates to score well in GATE in order to get admission for post-graduation courses and to have better work opportunities.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.