In last couple of years, a significant boom has been noticed in the field of infrastructure and construction and this makes Civil Engineering to rediscover its scope. A decent GATE rank opens the door to multiple opportunities. Civil Engineering is one of the most sought-after engineering branches among GATE aspirants. Many PSUs also advertise for recruitment of Civil Engineering graduates through GATE rank.
Tips & tricks for GATE Civil Engineering:-
- As a first step, it is always important to understand the syllabus of the exam before we start the preparation. This will actually help to draw the plan to achieve a better GATE rank. Syllabus of Civil Engineering comprises of seven sections namely Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, and Geomatics Engineering. Here, A GATE tip for civil engineering aspirants is to also check if there have been any changes in the GATE Syllabus.
- As per current marking system, the contribution of Engineering Mathematics is 15% and General Aptitude is also 15%. Prepare well for engineering mathematics and aptitude. First study basic definitions, formulas, units and dimension. Get an in depth understanding of theoretical concepts and then come to solving numerical problems. Complete all topics in your core civil Engineering stream.Get your fundamental concepts strong and practice a lot.
- GATE exams are not only about knowing concepts, but also about solving problems under stress and managing the time well. Mock tests are the simulation of the exams and it is beneficial to go through the experience like attempting the exam. The test also has features like color code, timer and virtual calculator etc. Attempt mock tests as much as possible which will build confidence in you to face real exam and to get a good GATE rank.
- Solving GATE Civil previous years papers and sample papers gives you an idea about the questions being asked in past. This helps you to do a trend analysis regarding how the pattern and complexity of questions has changed over time. Solving old papers is a good way of self-analysis on preparation efforts. Time management and improving speed in attempting questions are an added advantage of going through old papers and sample papers.
- In order to get better GATE rank, always read standard books. Content available in these books is well examined. These books also come with complete analysis and factual statistics, which is always helpful during exams. One can always go for books published by renowned publications like Tata Mcgraw-Hill, Prentice-Hall of India (PHI).
- Self-evaluation is one of the important GATE tips for civil engineering focus on one subject at a time and don’t forget to revise before moving on to next subject. Prepare your own handy notes and formula book which can prove to be an asset during the last moment revision.
With the above mentioned GATE tips for civil engineering, students should be able to prepare well for the GATE exam. Practice and revision are the key steps to see your name on the top in the list of GATE rank for the civil engineering exam.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.