The GATE Exam is conducted for candidates seeking admission to Postgraduate Programs in engineering at the National Level. The objective for taking GATE exam varies from person to person. Students who have studied in private engineering colleges get the opportunity to study in esteemed M. Tech institutes by appearing for GATE Exam. On the other hand, students who have already studied or are studying in esteemed institutes may aspire to gain admission into IITs or other equivalent institutions or good PSU’s by taking the GATE Exam. However, the most essential prerequisite for students to achieve this dream is a very good percentile in the GATE Exam.
And if you are wondering how you can get a good percentile then worry not. We bring you some important tips which will go a long way in easing out your preparation woes and make you feel more confident about your preparation level.
Preparation Tips by GATE Toppers
- Toppers are of the opinion that normally 3 months of serious study will be sufficient for the preparation. A lot of emphasis needs to be paid to effective revision. Do not start picking up new topics to study as the exam approaches near. Instead, revise and consolidate the topics that you have already read. Students who are in their final year of B.TECH need to plan their studies in a meticulous manner, taking into account their semester exams and other engagements that may consume a lot of their time.
- Make sure that you cover all the important topics in GATE Exam for your Specific branch.
- An essential component of your GATE preparation is, solving previous years’ papers of GATE Exam. Make sure that the books you choose are relevant and help you strengthen your fundamental and basic concepts. Choose a good guide book for GATE and other books you want to consult for some specific problems.
- Stick to standard books which are easily available and which aid you in grasping the concepts easily. This will greatly enhance your learning ability.
- You should be well versed with the syllabus so that you design your study plan accordingly.
- Try to solve as many problems as possible from different books and try out new tricks which help you solve the problem more quickly. This will come in really handy on the day of your GATE Exam because you will need excellent time management skills to get an edge over other candidates.
- Regular practice tests will help you enhance your speed and efficiency and also give you a fair idea of your current level of preparation. Also take full length tests which cover the entire syllabus.
- Reach the exam centre 30 minutes before the exams starts so that you don’t panic during your GATE Exam.
- Make sure your exam related documents are in place, before going to the examination centre.
- General Aptitude section is a scoring section so try to attempt all the questions of this section
- There is a negative marking in MCQs of GATE Exam. So please ensure that you do not compromise on your accuracy while marking the questions in a hurry.
- Numerical type questions do not have a negative marking, so make it a point to attempt all such questions.
- First attempt those questions whose answers you are pretty confident about.
- Make sure that you read the questions carefully, and think logically before answering them. If you’re unsure about the answer it’s better to leave it unattempted, unless it is a numerical type question which does not have negative marking.
- Do not spend too much time pondering over a single question. If a single question takes more than 5 minutes of your time, it is advisable to move onto the next question.
We hope that the above tips will come in handy and help you emerge with flying colors in your GATE Exam. All the very best to all the aspirants!
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline