GATE Aspirants are looking for guidance when it comes to explanations about Important Topics For GATE CE 2018. The questions that come in the GATE Exam are greatly influenced by Important topics for CE Branch. Here we are presenting the CE Important Topics to help you score good marks in GATE 2018.
Important Topics For GATE CE 2018
The following are the most important topics for GATE 2018. Study them properly to score good marks in the GATE CE Exam.
- Soil Mechanics (Consolidation, Permeability, Slope Stability, Index properties) Foundation Design
- Concrete Technology
- Statically determinate and indeterminate structures by force/ energy methods
- Method of superposition
- Analysis of trusses
- Quality standards
- Domestic wastewater treatment
- Air pollution meteorology
Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics
- Fluid statics
- Laminar-Turbulent Flow
- Pipe Flow
- Open Channel Flow Hydraulics
- System of forces
- Free-body diagrams
- Euler’s equations of motion
- Highway Engineering
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Geometric design of railway track
- Working stress and Limit state design concepts
- Design of tension and compression members
- Connections – simple and eccentric
- Plastic analysis of beams and frames.
- Working stress
- Limit state and Ultimate load design concepts
- Design of beams
- Bond and development length
- Pre-stressed concrete
- Basics of Geographical information system (GIS)
- Geographical Positioning system (GPS)
Hydrology & Irrigation
- Hydrologic cycle
- Ground water hydrology -steady state well hydraulics
- Canal regulatory works
- cross-drainage structures
The important topics needed to cover in this subject are
- Calculus – Mean value theorems, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Linear algebra- Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Numerical Methods- Least square approximation, Newton’s and Lagrange polynomials.
- Ordinary Differential Equation (ODE)- initial and boundary value problems.
Preparation Tips for GATE with one month remaining
The following are some strategic measures for the preparation of GATE Exam in 2016.
- The first thing that all candidates should be well aware of is the exam syllabus and pattern and changes in the GATE Exam Pattern.
- They should know the two different form of questions and their various answering methods.
- Candidate should only prepare and apply for only one branch at the time of the Exam. This will decrease their stress and create a much better mindset at the time of attempting the Exam.
- Read some good reference books for GATE at the time of study and when the time of revision comes, always use your clear and concise notes.
- When you feel confident about a topic, attempt questions from previous years based on that topic for making that topic a strong foundation for your GATE Exam.
- Candidates should always have a perfect list of topics they need to cover and the status of each exam should also be known.
Important Articles for GATE CE
We hope this article about Important Topics for GATE CE 2018 has helped you in understanding about the topic Important Topics for GATE CE 2018. Share this article about Important Topics for GATE CE 2018 with your friends to help them in the examination process. In this time of need, Superprofs is always there to provide you online guidance.
All the best !
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.
[button link=”https://lms.superprofs.com/exam-info/?exam_id=475636&utm_source=sp-website&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=ProductPageVisit” color=”black”] View Demo Lectures of GATE 2018 Now!!![/button][button link=”http://bit.ly/SPGATELIVE” color=”red”] Register for 3 Hours FREE Trial of GATE-2018 Online Classes[/button]