Indian Oil is India’s largest commercial enterprise and the leading Indian Company in the Fortune Global 500 listing. Empowered with the ‘Maharatna’ status, the Vision of Indian Oil is to be ‘The Energy of India’ and ‘a globally admired company’. To fuel its future growth, Indian Oil recruits Graduate Engineers, Postgraduate engineers, and Postgraduates in Chemistry every year. IOCL plans to recruit and fill these positions this year too. All you have to do is qualify GATE 2020 and you’ll be eligible to apply to IOCL.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020 will recruit for the following positions:
- Graduate Engineers – In addition, few Graduate Engineers will be engaged as Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in line with Apprenticeship Act, 1961(and subsequent amendments thereafter) from Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation, and Mechanical disciplines. GAEs are offered lump-sum monthly stipend for a period of one year and on the basis of their satisfactory performance, they may be absorbed in the Corporation.
- Post Graduate Engineers – They are recruited as Research Officers in Research & Development Centre of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Post Graduates in Chemistry (with minimum 2 years of relevant experience) – They are recruited as Assistant Officer (Quality Control) in Marketing Division of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Process
The recruitment process is simple:
- Step 1 – Appear and qualify GATE 2020
- Step 2 – Attend GD/GT and personal interview, if shortlisted
However, short-listing is based on merit of the candidates from different categories in line with the reservation policy of Government of India. Hence, merely qualifying in GATE 2020 examination does not guarantee short-listing for calling for GD/GT and Personal Interview.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2020 – Notification
The official notification for IOCL recruitment through GATE 2020 will be released soon. As of now, IOCL has released the following notification. Indian Oil’s online applications module will be made live after the GATE 2020 admit cards are released on January 3, 2020.
How to apply to IOCL if you are taking GATE 2020
If you are appearing for GATE 2020 then you’ll have to apply to IOCL separately.
Here are 2 steps in which you can apply to IOCL through GATE 2020
- Step 1 – Apply for GATE 2020 through their online portal
- Step 2 – Apply to IOCL
Click on the application link, read the instructions carefully and fill in the online application form.
IOCL recruitment – Last date to apply
The last date to apply to IOCL if you are appearing for GATE 2020 will be released shortly by IOCL authorities
Application fee – IOCL recruitment through GATE 2020
There is no separate application fee for IOCL recruitment through GATE 2020.