GATE examination is among the toughest of all in the country. A huge number of GATE aspirants attempt the exam to get into prestigious institutes affiliated to the exam. There are varieties of GATE aspirant mistakes and since the exam is so competitive, a mere mistake can cause loss of marks and affect the results. So, it is very important for GATE aspirants to know what common mistakes to avoid in GATE exam.
Common mistakes to avoid in GATE exam:
- Not understanding the GATE syllabus: Like any other examination, understanding the GATE syllabus thoroughly before starting with the preparation is a very important step for a GATE aspirant. A common mistake to avoid in GATE is starting the preparation without much knowledge of total syllabus and thus ending up wasting time and energy on unnecessary topics, leaving aside the important ones. A GATE tip would be to ensure aspirants thoroughly go through the syllabus first.
- Procrastination: Procrastination or delaying studies costs a lot in a competition and is definitely a mistake to avoid in GATE exam. GATE aspirants should make a time table with daily/weekly/monthly targets and should try to stick to the same. Delaying the study creates a pile of topics at the end to finish, which hinders the success.
Also Read: How to Prepare for GATE Exam
- Memorizing instead of understanding the concept: The other most common mistake to avoid in GATE exam is to not understand the concept of a topic. Simply memorizing does not help in the long run and the GATE aspirant will end up forgetting the crux of topic in the examination and end up attempting the questions wrongly. A useful GATE tip would be to have formulae ready on your fingertips, before solving the numerical.
- Following others while preparing: Every GATE aspirant differs in their way of preparing for the GATE exam. Following others and copying their notes and techniques is a mistake to avoid in GATE It confuses and demoralizes the GATE aspirants and they end up wasting a lot of their time in collecting notes, while losing quality study time.
- Undisciplined preparation: Undisciplined preparation is again a very common mistake GATE aspirants No sequence and system followed while studying makes the aspirant lose focus when the crucial last month of preparation comes. A GATE tip would be that from the very beginning, a systematic order should be followed for disciplined preparation.
- Overdoing the preparation: Yes! You read it right. Overdoing the study also is a mistake to avoid in GATE. Some GATE aspirants start their preparation much ahead of time and are already too exhausted and bored of reading the same thing again around exam time. Boredom causes a lot of difference in results. Balanced study is required for reaching the goal.
- Comparing with others: No two people are the same and GATE aspirants should avoid comparing themselves over mock test results. Nobody has got equal hold on the topics. Doing so results in depression and hinders the path of success eventually and is thus a mistake to avoid in GATE.
- Lack of confidence and concentration: GATE is an examination which requires a lot of confidence and concentration. Many a times GATE aspirants go through pressure of examination and thus get low on confidence. A GATE tip would be to keep your cool and follow basic yoga and exercises to keep the morale high. High confidence and firm concentration helps in much better results.
Also Read: Prepare For GATE Exam in one Month
We hope that with the help of this article mistakes to avoid in the GATE exam you will be able to score high ranks and fulfill your dream of becoming a qualified GATE student.
|Benefits of GATE Exam||GATE Exam Procedure||GATE Exam Details 2020|
|GATE syllabus 2020||Reference Books For Gate 2020 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2020 – 2021 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Prep Strategy & Study Tips||GATE Results|
GATE Application Form 2020 – Important Details
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trial Classes for GATE-2020 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career. You can watch a few demo lectures by SuperProfs for GATE and see if you would want to consider subscribing to our video series for a better shot at clearing the GATE examination.
Watch Videos Lecture Offline