The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance examination which is jointly conducted by Indian Institute for Science (IISc) and the Indian Institutes for Technology (IITs). GATE enables admissions to higher education courses like Masters in Technology (M. Tech), Masters in Science (MS) and PhD in engineering and science in IITs, IISc and other institutes, all over India. You can choose your engineering paper according to your choice from various subjects like electrical, mechanical, computer science, etc. GATE examination provides a GATE score to all qualified candidates, which is valid for three years, but does not take any responsibility of admission of any candidate to any Institute.
Once you are done with your GATE exam, results are awaited. Only scoring is not sufficient, scoring a good rank and cracking the written exam and interview is also very crucial. Knowing where you can apply or use your GATE score is also important, along with being aware of where to apply depending upon your AIR so as to maximize your chance of getting final admission.
- On the basis of your GATE result you can also apply to central and state run Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) like BHEL, NTPC, and BARC.
- GATE score also helps you to qualify for research programs of CSIR
- If you do exceptionally good in your GATE exams there is a bright chance of getting opportunity to study in international institutes such as Nanyang Technological University, Singapore where you can get international exposure.
Points which you need to keep in mind for post gate preparation are as follows:
- Apply for different courses offered by various renowned universities on the basis of your rank in GATE exams.
- If you are targeting the elite institutes like IISc and IIT-B then you got to have an AIR within the top 100. If your AIR is 100-500 then you can apply to all IITs and prepare well for the interview and written exams.
- If your AIR is between 500-1000 still there is chance of getting into the IITs, but then it depends a lot on how good you perform in your written and interview.
- Beyond rank 1000 getting into IITs is bit difficult, but you can apply to NITs and your score can help you qualify for recruitments in PSUs or government laboratories.
- Post GATE preparation involves preparing for interview and written test, so for that you need to prepare your GATE syllabus Revise it twice or thrice. These are held in the last week of May – mid of June.
- Prepare 2-3 subjects well, as interviewer will ask you for your field of interest and ask questions from that.
- Try to answer only those questions about which you are confident. Do not go for those which you don’t know.
These tips along with a good GATE score can open up a variety of options for a candidate and helps establish a reputed long term career.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.