GATE Preparation Tips for Architecture and Planning: Here we have listed a few points that will help GATE aspirants in the Architecture and Planning Stream to prepare GATE Exam. You may go to this page to know How to Crack GATE Architecture and Planning? This article discusses numerous tips that will immensely help the students to prepare for the GATE Architecture and Planning exam. The following provides the tips which, when followed, will provide good results:
GATE Architectural engineering is the application of engineering principles and technology to building design and construction. Definitions of an architectural engineer may refer to:
- An engineer in the structural, mechanical, electrical, construction or other engineering fields of building design and construction.
- Architectural engineers are those who work with other engineers and architects for the designing and construction of buildings.
Eligibility for GATE Architecture and Planning Exam
Qualifying Degree – B.E /B.Tech
Applicant Type– An applicant who had completed B.E or B. Tech in Engineering and those who are in the final year of such programs with no backlog
Age- No limit
How to prepare for GATE Architecture and Planning 2018
To Prepare GATE Architecture and Planning Paper for 2018, you need to follow below-given steps.
Step 1: Know the Syllabus
The first step the students need to take is to collect the correct syllabus. This step will ensure that they prepare only those subjects from which the questions are asked in the GATE exam. The same will prevent unnecessary time wastage by studying non-important topics.
Syllabus of GATE Architecture and Planning Exam
GATE Architecture and Planning syllabus consists special, and core topics. Both core and special topics are taken from your 4-year engineering study. Download the PDF for GATE Architecture and Planning engineering syllabus.
Step 2: Select the Best Reference Books for GATE Architecture and Planning
The second step that must be followed by the students is to start studying those basic books of Architecture and Planning that covers basic topics. It is necessary to clear the basic concepts first, which will aid in understanding the advanced studies.
GATE Architecture and Planning Books
You can find lots of books with different publications in the online or offline stores, but I am going to share with you some best books which are recommended by the experts and universities for conceptual study.
Step 3: Identify Which Topics should study at First
You must always prepare yourself along with the syllabus provided. You cannot prepare yourself without the syllabus. After knowing the syllabus make sure that you cover all the topics relating to it and nothing is omitted. This will be very important to appear for GATE exam and win the exam. For more details, you can visit www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.
Step 4: Prepare a Study Plan
While preparing you must cross check yourself often with the syllabus you noted down. This will help you to work your schedule along with the syllabus and full focus on it. Then to know the timing you will require to answer each question, you can download the past question papers and solve the questions by yourself. Once you do this process, you will be able to recognize the timing required and correct it by yourself before appearing for the main exam. Timing plays an important role in the exam. So do keep all these things while your preparation and prepare at your best for the exam.
How to Prepare for GATE Exam 2018
- Take a print out of the syllabus. See the weightage of different subjects.
- Whatever subjects that are common to your current semester and GATE, or some tough subjects you have already done in previous semesters, start doing them. Read standard books referred to them. Don’t learn. Build your concepts.
- Make your notes alongside.
- Make small targets, daily targets, weekly targets. At this stage, 3-4 hours of study would be okay. Actually, I’m defining the amount because people tend to ask ‘how time to study etc’. But actually, one shouldn’t keep time as the reference, but a topic or two as a measure of time to sit in the day.
- Keep targets of 2 or 3 subjects in a semester. Conquer them.
- Practice previous year questions religiously.
- Don’t just do a subject and leave. Revise it after 7-15 days so that you don’t forget it.
- Mark the questions you feel are important, tough or conceptual.
- Be your own critic. Take your own tests. No one can help you better than you, yourself.
- Take a break of a day or two if you feel things are getting hectic.
- Buy some previous year Question Bank, made easy or Ace. But do not follow them blindly. Look for better solutions to some typical questions on the internet.
- Google good sites for GATE in Architecture and Planning engineering, join some facebook group.
- Have faith in yourself. Tell your parents about your aim and ask them to motivate you daily. The most difficult task would be to keep up your motivation high since the time is long.
- Don’t ever think about the results. Keep doing your share of efforts.
Last Step to Complete the Preparation
Lastly, the students must use solved and mock test papers as much as possible. This will help them immensely to clear the exam.
GATE Architecture and Planning Exam Helpful Online Community & Forums
Online community and forums are helpful when you are a newbie to the exam. Learn the tips & tricks from experts in these forums and communities. You can visit these reputed forums for GATE Architecture and Planning exam related doubts and questions.
After completing B tech or B.E, most of the students who want to make their career in research and development, they look forward to masters. Getting a master’s degree from reputed universities like IIT, IISC etc. increases the importance and knowledge of his field.
When anyone qualifies GATE, it means he/she has good engineering knowledge. That’s why R&D companies and organizations demand GATE qualified score.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.