The GATE 2018 exam is going to be conducted by IIT Guwahati this time. The dates have been announced as 10TH AND 11TH February, with less than five months remaining, it’s time to stop procrastinating and focus all your efforts. Time is of utmost importance and it would serve you well to come up with a timetable. In our previous posts we have shared what strategies GATE toppers used, almost all of them had a GATE timetable to better measure and schedule their studies.
Essential things to keep in mind while preparing your own GATE Timetable.
- Giving each subject adequate time according to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Try to cover some parts of each subject in one week to keep memory fresh.
- Add space for Mock tests, so you can measure what you have studied over the week.
- Keep realistic targets and make sure you achieve them.
- Try to schedule subjects that you have a lot of improvement to make in before subjects that you like studying.
- Keep adequate breaks between studying to avoid anxiety and burnout and relax the mind.
Re-assess your overall GATE timetable after each 15 days or a month and change according to the results you are getting in your mock tests.
Below is a sample timetable, yours may differ greatly:
|9:00 PM||5:00 AM||8||Sleeping|
|5:00 AM||6:00 AM||1||Morning rituals|
|6:00 AM||7:00 AM||1||Relax|
|7:00 AM||9:00 AM||2||Subject 1|
|9:00 AM||9:30 AM||0.5||Breakfast|
|9:30 AM||1:00 PM||3.5||Subject2|
|1:00 PM||2:00 PM||1||Lunch|
|2:00 PM||5:00 PM||3||Subject3|
|5:00 PM||6:00 PM||1||Relax|
|6:00 PM||9:00 PM||2||Subject4|
|9:00 PM||9:30 PM||0.5||Dinner|
|TOTAL||11 study hours|
Keep your subjects accordingly, keep adequate time to relax. Focus your efforts and you will surely crack GATE2018.