GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Examination) is an entrance exam used to apply for post graduate studies in many prestigious institutes in India along with entry level jobs in many scientific public sector units. There are 22 subjects or papers in GATE, covering almost all engineering disciplines and under each subject too, there are key topics that are to be studied for the exam. This makes it imperative for an aspirant to choose the right kind of GATE books to prepare for the exam, lest he misses on topics or ends up wasting time on irrelevant ones. The criteria that an aspirant should consider before choosing a GATE book are:
- It covers the entire gamut of GATE syllabus
- The concepts are explained in an easy manner
- The book is a standard one among the list of GATE books
- It is tried and tested and recommended by GATE toppers
Though there are no specific books for GATE for general and subject papers, GATE toppers usually start with a book on General Aptitude. These books help in brushing up of basic concepts of subjects, learnt in school and college. A few books for GATE aptitude as recommended by GATE toppers are:
- Study Guide General Aptitude Test: PSUs, SAIL, SSC & Other Exam: This book is explicitly divided into separate sections for General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation, Language and Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and English, making it useful not only as a GATE book, but for a multitude of examinations.
- GATE 2018: Verbal and Numerical Ability: This book is released every year with updated syllabus and is one of the best books for GATE.
- GATE Reasoning & Aptitude Book: This book exclusively focuses on Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and has numerous examples for concepts with clear explanations.
- Quantitative Aptitude book for Competitive examinations: As the name suggests, this book deals with Quantitative analysis and data interpretation in detail and is highly recommended by GATE toppers.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning: Another much recommended book for GATE, it deals with all kinds of questions in the area of language, verbal ability and English.
- GATE Engineering Mathematics: Since GATE is an exam only for engineers, this subject is of utmost importance and thus GATE toppers mention they spent a lot of time on it. This book for GATE is an excellent place to start to practice basic concepts and eventually move to advanced ones.
Apart from these books, there are books to be referred for the subject papers. GATE exam has 22 subjects currently that cover all fields of engineering. Each of these subjects has its own basic set of books for GATE exam preparation. GATE toppers recommend starting from the very basics to ensure clarity of concept while solving complex problems. Most of the referred books for GATE exam, for GATE subjects, include introductory books on these topics, used during engineering years. There are plenty of online resources available to refer to and books can also be bought online based on price comparison between various websites.
|GATE 2018 Notification||FAQs – GATE 2018 Login, Application form||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE syllabus 2018||Reference Books For Gate 2018 Exam||How to Prepare for GATE 2018 Exam?|
|GATE Question Papers||GATE Answer Keys||GATE Results|
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering FREE Trail Classes for GATE-2018 for streams of ME, ECE, EE, IE, CSE & CE. Now students from all over India can learn from India’s Most Experienced Professors online and get their dream career.