From the CEO’s desk, this is a message to the entire student community to join us in helping #FlattenTheCurve. We’re now available 7 days a week to help students continue their preparation from within their homes. Call us at 011-41170752 for information on our courses.
The last few days have been testing for all of us. Normal everyday life has been disrupted by a lockdown in many places due to the CoVID-19, a disease caused by the Coronavirus. The threat of CoVID-19 is very real and might continue to persist in the near future. However, the good news is that we can still beat the virus by helping prevent its spread as much as possible. All we need to do is to follow certain guidelines, be aware of the facts, and discredit fake news. And the best part is that everyone can contribute in this fight against coronavirus and be a hero! We’re doing our bit and this open letter is our commitment to the student community that we’ll enable you to do your bit too.
So how can you contribute to fighting the disease? It’s really simple, just follow the below guidelines from the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub or sanitizer
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Go out unless absolutely essential like for buying essential supplies or going to a hospital
The above guidelines will help prevent the spread of infection. However, I would urge everyone to also practice the following:
- Practice social distancing
- Stay up to date with the news related to CoVID-19
- Learn and promote the facts about this disease from credible sources
- Verify everything you see on social media before sharing it with others
- Cooperate with the authorities and stay at home as much as possible
- Share fake news
- Panic or cause panic
- Take this lightly
- Step out of your home
Having said that, we also understand that your exams might be coming up in May/June. With just 1-2 months remaining, now is the time for you to ramp up your preparation. So you might wonder how can I study during the Coronavirus lockdown?
At SuperProfs, we’ve taken measures to help the student community through this tough time. Our employees have unanimously agreed to take turns working on Sundays so that our students can utilize their time at home to the maximum. We’re available 7 days a week to help you if you need us. We’ve also been working hard to onboard all the new students who have adopted online education amid the lockdown. As the pioneers and first torchbearers of online education in India, it is our vision to make quality education accessible to everyone via the internet and we welcome all the new students who have placed their trust in us.
Here’s all that we’re doing from our end:
- Charity begins at home. Our employees have been working from home since 4th March (first few cases reported in NOIDA) to protect ourselves as well as others from getting infected.
- Extended our availability to 7 days a week.
- On-boarding a lot more new students turning to online education.
- Maintaining our servers to ensure continuous delivery of our video lectures and study materials.
- We’re also promoting awareness within the organization and the community.
- Keeping our students at the centre of our decisions to help them prepare their best.
If you’re one of our new students, we welcome you and thank you for joining the digital revolution of education in India. To our old students, we thank you for your continued support.
If you’re a CA, CS, CMA, GATE or B.Com aspirant who is looking for classes and resources to study during the lockdown, I invite you to join us in our mission. Here’s how we can help you continue preparing for your May/June exams so that your attempt is not wasted:
- We’re maintaining continuous availability of our video lectures that let you study at home. So while you’re being a hero staying at home, your studies can continue without hiccups.
- Our professors are providing doubt clearance over the phone, chat, WhatsApp, email, etc. You don’t need to step out to get your answers.
- Faced an issue? We’re available 7 days a week to help you.
- We’re conducting 1 Live Tutorial every week. You can connect with the professors from your home via Facebook and YouTube Live.
- Want to save data? You can simply download lectures on our app and watch them offline.
- You can carry around your entire exam prep in your pocket and study anytime, anywhere. 🙂
Students, I also have a special announcement in this letter. We understand that the economy has not been immune to the virus either. So, to make education available to everyone, we’re offering subsidized courses to students in need. We’re also offering some discounts on our usual prices to enable more and more students who may be impacted financially by CoVID-19.
I urge you all to stay home and stay safe. Prepare for your exams and ace them on the other side of this storm. 🙂