SSC CGL Tier 1 Tier 1 exam is in full swing and there is an increasing amount of apprehensions among the candidates regarding the best possible strategy to attempt the exam. What should be the ideal order, what should be the ideal time and much more? So let’s just break down the SSC CGL Tier 1 paper. SSC CGL Tier 1, which is an online objective type MCQ exam consists of 100 questions with total marks of 200. There are 4 sections each consisting of 25 questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General Awareness
So the basic strategy for attempting the paper and the ideal no of attempts and time that should be allotted to each section is:
|Section Name||Questions||Ideal Attempts||Time (in minutes.)|
In addition to the above illustrations, the following points should be kept in mind.
- Start with the General Awareness section as this section consists of questions that have highest ROI. Whether you know the answer or you don’t. So higher number of attempts will be added morale booster and a lower number will not be disheartening as well as no of marks scored in this section is generally low.
- Mark the questions that you are absolutely sure of at one go. Do not try to guess in GA Section.
- Next navigate to the section in SSC CGL Question Paper, that is your strength and attempt a maximum number of questions. Divide the section into rounds and in the first round attempt the question that takes less than 20 seconds and mark those questions which are doable. Come back again and attempt those question.
- For the subsequent section in the SSC CGL Question Paper follow the above procedure, however, make sure that you mark carefully.
- English section is scoring. Try to attempt all question by elimination technique. Even if you are partially sure go ahead, and mark in this section. Do not worry about the negative marking. Remember you need to increase your number of attempts in order to get a decent score and English is one section in which you can experiment.
- Regarding Time Management, stick to the time that you have decided to devote to each section. Also, if some section is very tough don’t stick to your ego and try to solve that section even if you think that is your strength. Utilize the time spared in some other section. Remember there is universal marking scheme and you are going to get the same mark for each question.
- While marking the option in SSC CGL Question Paper be absolutely sure that you are marking the option that you have derived and don’t mark some other option which will result in loss of time of the effort that you have put in
All these points are handy and will help you formulate your personalized strategy for clearing SSC CGL Tier 1 exam. Remember, good marks in Tier 1 will keep your momentum going till the finals. All the best!!