Stages in ICMAI CMA exam
The ICAI is being renamed as the CMA (Cost and Management Accounting). The CMA course consists of three stages, namely, Foundation, Intermediate and Final. One can do this course online also.
The ICAI holds the CMA foundation course four times in a year. The foundation exam is conducted in the months of March, June, September and December. Students who qualify the foundation course become eligible to get enrolled in the Intermediate course. If a student is Graduate, then he/she can directly get registered for the Intermediate course.
CMA Exam Important Dates
Students should get registered as per the following dates for the Foundation Course –
|Month of Foundation Registration||Date of Registration|
The registration for the Intermediate and Final course can be done as follows –
|Month of Intermediate/ Final Registration||Date of Registration|
|For June Examination||31st January|
|For December Examination||31st July|
Eligibility for CMA Exam
Candidates should have passed class 12th. A candidate can get enrolledin the foundation course after class 10th also, but his/her status would be termed provisional. Only after submitting the class 12th mark sheet or certificate, a candidate’s enrollment would be converted into the ‘Regular’ one.
Time period allotted for the Provisional status of the course
|Course Name||Period of the Course|
|Foundation Course||36 months|
|Intermediate Course||18 months|
A candidate who completes the Foundation course becomes eligible for the enrollment in the Intermediate course even if, he/she has not completed Graduation.
But a candidate would be required to submit his/her graduation degree to get enrolled as a regular student.
ICMAI CMA Exam Application Process
Registration Fee Details
|Stage of Course||Fee required (in Rs.)|
Registration Process for the Foundation Course
- A candidate should have done class 10th or equivalent to become eligible for enrollment on the provisional basis.
- For enrollment on a Regular basis, a candidate should have done class 12thfrom a recognized University/ Board in India.
How To Apply
- A candidate can apply for registration by visiting the official website of the ICAI.
- Here a candidate will get the application form.
- A candidate should attach the attested copies of the 10th or 12th mark sheet along with the application form.
- He/ she should also paste the recent Photograph on the application form.
- The application form should get attested by the member of ICAI/ Institute of Chartered Accountant of India/ Institute of Company Secretary/ State Legislative Assembly.
Registration Process for the Intermediate Course
- A candidate should have done standard 12th or passed the ICAI Foundation course.
- A candidate who is Graduate in any discipline,except in Fine Arts is eligible to apply for the Intermediate course.
How To Apply
- A candidate can apply for registration by getting application form for the Foundation Course.
- A candidate should submit the application form,attested copy of the 10th certificate, 12th certificate and mark sheet or attested copy of the Graduation.
- He/ She should also give his/her recent photograph along with the application form.
Registration Process for the Final Course
- A candidate who has completed theIntermediate course, become eligible for registration in the Final Course.
- A candidate should submit theClass 10th and 12th mark sheet and certificate, photograph, age proof, signature specimen and ICAI or CMA Intermediate Pass certificate along with the application form.
- The duly filled in application form should be sent at the Postal address of the Regional Centres of ICAI.