BEST SUGGESTED BOOKS FOR GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 – UPSC MAINS PAPER II PREPARATION. In UPSC CIVIL SERVICES mains paper general studies papers play a major role. If you are searching for best reference books which cover all topics in mains general studies paper 1 then here you can find out list of standard and best reference books suggested by toppers and experts. Students may buy these books online and some civil services materials and best books are available to free download in pdf format. With the list of best reference books for UPSC civil services mains general studies paper 1 you can easily score well in less time and without coaching. There are four general studies papers in UPSC mains examination. Each general studies paper of 250 marks and Duration of 3 hours.
Books required for UPSC Mains General Studies
(Most of the books are also available in hindi)
General Studies- I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Basham. (Culture)
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma. (Culture)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (History Map Points)
Geography of the World and Society
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Geography)
- Physical geography- Savinder Singh
- Geography of INDIA – Khullar
- Social problem of India- Ram Ahuja
BEST SUGGESTED BOOKS FOR GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 – UPSC MAINS PAPER II
UPSC MAINS PAPER II (GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1) main topics are Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
List of best books to cover all GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 topics
|India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra|
|Facets of Indian Culture by Spectrum|
|A New Look at Modern Indian History by BL Grover|
|India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra|
|A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravarti|
|Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong|
|Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain|
|NCERTs of class XI and XII|
Book on Development, Participation, Secularism, Women Issues
|India: Development and Participation by Amartya Sen and Jean Dreze|
Links of UPSC best Books at online Stores! (Click on the links to buy online)
Free Online Resources For UPSC Civil Services Prelims and Mains general studies and optional
- NCERT Books Download.
- Yojana Magazine Download.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine.
- IGNOU Books.
UPSC mains general studies paper 1 syllabus is vast but it requires great preparation. Proper strategy is needed. Selection of best books for mains general studies paper 1 play key role. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required. Utilize time well and crack the UPSC civil services mains exam in first attempt. I hope this “BEST SUGGESTED BOOKS FOR GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 – UPSC MAINS PAPER II” article is helpful to you in preparation of UPSC civil services Mains general studies paper 1 exam.