Get Best Reference Books for Prelims General Studies Exam. BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES EXAM OF UPSC CIVIL SERVICES. Prelims exam is the first stage in civil services or IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. If you are searching for best reference books which cover all topics in prelims general studies, then here you can find out the list of standard and best reference books suggested by toppers and experts. Students may buy these books online and some civil services materials and best books are available to free download in pdf format. With the list of best reference books for UPSC civil services prelims General Studies exam you can easily score well in less time and without coaching.
BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES EXAM (UPSC CIVIL SERVICES)
Following are the Best suggested reference books for Prelims General Studies Exam
Syllabus for prelims GS paper-I (General Studies)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development
- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
The syllabus for UPSC prelims General Studies is what a person must know in his daily life, UPSC does not demand any specialization in any or all particular subjects given in the syllabus. It just requires a general knowledge of the subject. This is also specified in syllabus provided by UPSC and all questions which are asked in the exam are based on the periphery of these subjects.
Books Required For Preparing UPSC CSE Prelims General Studies (Paper-I)
NCERT books are the most important sources for civil services examination preparation.
1. History (Indian History and Indian National Movement)
NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII
2. Geography (Indian and World Geography)
NCERT books IX, X, XI, XII
Certificate Course in Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
3. Economics (Indian Economics and Economic Theory)
4. Polity (Indian Constitution)
5. General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
NCERT books IX, X
6. Environment (Ecology, Bio-diversity, Climate Change)
Biology and Geography NCERT Books plus current events on Environmental Issues
7. Current Affairs
Hindu and Economic Times Newspapers
Frontline, Political & Economic Weeks Periodicals
UPSC civil services prelims General Studies exam paper consists of multiple choice (objective) questions. Who qualify in UPSC civil services prelims exam are chosen to write the mains exam.
For the preparation of UPSC, civil services prelims exam qualities like a sharp memory and basic retention power and proper strategy are needed. Selection of best books for prelims exam plays the key role. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required. Utilize time well and crack the UPSC civil services prelims exam in the first attempt. I hope this BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES EXAM article is helpful to you in preparation for UPSC civil services General Studies prelims exam. Candidates also used keywords similar to the posts which are as follows:
- prelims general studies syllabus
- prelims general studies previous papers
- prelims general studies books
- IAS prelims general studies books
- upsc prelims general studies study material
- civils prelims general studies material
SuperProfs– India’s Largest Online Coaching Platform is offering online coaching for all Banking exams, also with India’s finest professors.So as a result, now people from all over India can learn from the best faculty, and crack their Banking exams.
|UPSC EXAMINATION DATE||UPSC SYLLABUS||UPSC EXAMINATION PATTERN|
|UPSC STUDY PLAN||UPSC RESULTS||UPSC PRACTICE PAPERS|