Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2019 details. We had already provided UPSC civil Services Exam Notification 2019 & UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus & Subjects 2017 in detail. Before going to attempt UPSC Civil Services Mains exam, students must know about UPSC Mains Exam Pattern, what are the CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2019 & what are the Topics in UPSC Mains GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2 2019 exam.
Here we are providing UPSC Mains Exam GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2 Syllabus for 2019 exam. UPSC (union public service commission) conducts the CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (CSE) which is a nationwide exam. UPSC has brought changes to CIVIL SERVICES syllabus and pattern. In this article you can found out new syllabus for CIVIL SERVICES MAINS General studies paper 2 in detail. In UPSC CIVIL SERVICES mains paper general studies papers play a major role. There are four general studies papers in UPSC mains examination and each general studies paper of 250 marks. Duration 3 hours.
UPSC CIVIL SERVICES Mains General Studies Paper 2 Syllabus in detail
Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations.
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.
CIVIL SERVICES mains general studies paper 2 mainly focus on the following topics.
- Social Justice and
- International relations
There are twenty (20) questions printed both in HINDI and ENGLISH in previous mains general studies paper 2 2015. All the questions in general studies paper 2 are compulsory. Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one. Answer the questions in not more than 200 words each.
One thing must be remember every CIVIL SERVICES aspirant is contents of the answer is more important than its length. While writing the civil services general studies paper student must have idea about beginning, content and how to conclude each question. So you must go through the each topic in the civil services general studies paper 2 syllabus and make a well strategy to how to prepare for civil services mains form previous papers.
All the best.