Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 10th March 2017.
- The IORA (Indian Ocean Rim Association) Leaders’ Summit was recently concluded in Jakarta (Indonesia).
- Leaders from 21 member states of IORA have attended the summit.
- From India, Vice President Hamid Ansari attended the two-day summit.
- Theme of the summit : ‘Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean’.
- North Korean government has banned its overseas citizens from accessing mobile internet.
- The government made this move to tackle the spread of news about the killing of Kim Jong-nam, half-brother of leader Kim Jong-un.
- In their first team up, the US and Russia have created buffer zones in Syria to protect the Kurdish town of Manbij from being seized by their common ally Turkey, which threatened to capture it last week.
- The US considers Kurdish forces allies in the fight against the Islamic State while Turkey considers Kurds as terrorists.
- Pakistan’s Parliament has finally passed the much awaited landmark Hindu Marriage Bill, 2017 to regulate marriages of minority Hindus.
- It was the second time that the National Assembly passed the Bill.
- It passed the bill in September last but had to pass it again as its version of the Bill was changed by the Senate when it adopted the Bill in February.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 10th March 2017 are provided below:
- Today is 48th Raising Day of the CISF.
- CISF – Central Industrial Security Force
- Motto – Protection and Security
- Director General – OP Singh
- Governing body – Ministry of Home Affairs (India)
- Parent agency – CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces)
- The CISF came into existence in 1969 to provide integrated security cover to public sector undertakings and now has a strength of around 1.4 lakh personnel.
- Important Points to know about CISF :
- The Lok Sabha today passed the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill which raises the maternity leave for all working women from 12 weeks to 26 weeks for the first two children.
- The Delhi government has decided to bear the medical treatment expenses of victims of road accidents, burns and acid attacks in private hospitals.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami today launched a housing scheme estimated at ₹1,580 crore with Central assistance for the economically poor.
- In the year 2016-17, concrete houses will be constructed for 50,170 beneficiaries in town panchayat limits.
MOUs & Agreements
- India and Belgium have signed a Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between the two countries.
- The Protocol was signed by Sushil Chandra (CBDT Chairman)and Jan Luykx (Belgium’s Ambassador to India).
Banking & Economic Affairs
- On the eve of International Women’s Day, the Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) sanctioned loans to 1,000 women entrepreneurs for various income generating economic activities across the country.
- With the vision of ‘Empowering Women Economically,’ BMB organised a workshop to encourage women entrepreneurs at the registered office of the bank in Delhi to give the loans.
- Pakistan has awarded two contracts worth over ₹11,000 crore to a Chinese firm for constructing the second phase of Dasu hydropower project on Indus river in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
- The second phase, expected to be completed in 2021, will generate 2,160 MW of electricity.
- The Income Tax department has urged black money holders to make “honest” disclosures under the tax amnesty scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- In advertisements in leading dailies, the department said “like fingerprints, your black money will lead us to you”.
- It further warned that non-declaration of such income will be liable to tax, surcharge, and cess at 77.25%.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) has issued draft Information Technology (Security of Prepaid Payment Instruments) Rules 2017 for Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI) company or e wallet firms.
- The draft rules seek to ensure integrity, security and confidentiality of electronic payments made through PPIs.
- It covers an entire spectrum for protecting consumer information, especially financial data.
Awards & Honors
- Eminent Konkani writer Mahabaleshwar Sail was selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2016 for his novel Hawthan.
Science & Technology
- India Navy has commissioned INS Tillanchang at Karwar, Karnataka.
- It is a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) It is the third ship of four follow-on WJFAC built by the Kolkata based Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE).
- The first two ships INS Tarmugli and INS Tihayu which were commissioned in 2016.
- The US Congress has passed a funding bill for a probable human spaceflight mission to Mars by 2033.
- The bill sets long-term goals to expand human presence beyond low-Earth orbit through deep-space exploration missions including “habitation on another celestial body”.
- The bill, to be signed by US President Donald Trump appropriates $19.5 billion to NASA for the fiscal year 2017.
- India’s first lunar probe – Chandrayaan1 spacecraft – which was considered lost, is still orbiting the Moon.
- NASA scientists have found the satellite, using a new ground-based radar technique.
- British artist Sir Howard Hodgkin (84), whose paintings were often inspired by Indian culture and landscapes, passed away today.
- He was honored with the Turner Prize in 1985 and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1992.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Current Affairs updates as on 10th March 2017 are as follows:
- The Indian women’s ice hockey team registered its first ever win in an international ice hockey match today by beating Philippines 4-3 at the Challenge Cup of Asia in Bangkok.
- Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has been named the captain of Kings XI Punjab for the upcoming edition of the IPL, replacing Murali Vijay, who captained the side last season.