Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 12th March 2017.
- Today (12th March) is World Day against Cyber Censorship.
- This is is an online event held each year on March 12 to rally support for a single, unrestricted Internet that is accessible to all and to draw attention to the ways that governments around the world are deterring and censoring free speech online.
- This day was first observed on 12 March 2008 at the request of Reporters Without Borders and Amnesty International.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 12th March 2017 are provided below:
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis today inaugurated the 1st floating hotel (also called as floatel) in Mumbai.
- AB Celestial, a three-tier yacht featuring restaurants and a sky deck, is harboured near Bandra-Worli Sea Link toll plazas.
The New Appointments list as on this day are as follows:
- Congress leader Captain Amarinder Singh will take oath as the Chief Minister of Punjab on March 16, after he led his party to victory in the Punjab elections, winning 77 of 117 seats.
- Co-founder of Lashkar-e-Taiba and the chief or amir of Jama’at-ud-Da’wah, Hafiz Saeed’s brother-in-law Hafiz Abdul Rehman Makki, who carries a $2 million bounty (over ₹13 crore) on his head, has been appointed the head of Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD).
- This comes after Saeed was put under house arrest by Pakistan.
- A day after Manipur threw up a hung verdict, state CM Okram Ibobi Singh was today elected as the leader of Congress legislature party.
- He has defeated activist Irom Sharmila from the Thoubal Assembly seat.
Awards & Honors
- Amitabh Bachchan won the Best Actor award for ‘Pink‘ and Alia Bhatt was named the Best Actress for her role in ‘Udta Punjab‘ at Zee Cine Awards 2017.
- ‘Pink’ was declared the winner in the Best Film category while Ram Madhvani won the Best Director Award for ‘Neerja’.
- Thai contestant Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin was crowned Miss International Queen 2016 at a contest considered as the world’s largest and most popular transgender pageant.
- She beat 24 other contestants, with the second and third place going to contestants from Brazil and Venezuela, respectively.
- Note : The pageant was launched over a decade ago to help transgender women feel more accepted by society.
Business & Economic Affairs
- According to the recently revealed RBI data, ICICI Bank topped the list of banks that witnessed most number of frauds, with State Bank of India taking the second spot, during April-December 2016 period.
- As many as 455 fraud cases involving ₹1 lakh and above were detected in ICICI Bank, followed by SBI at 429.
- Further, 450 employees were involved in fraud in various banks.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Current Affairs updates as on 12th March 2017 are as follows:
- Shuttler Jwala Gutta today announced plans of her own badminton academy, which is set to start in Hyderabad next month in partnership with a private firm.
- The academy would scout for talent, besides tying up with schools to set up in-house training centres.
- The academy will be expanded to Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata by the end of 2017.
- World number one Andy Murray was defeated by world number 129, Canada’s Vasek Pospisil, at the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells today.
- Note : Pospisil has won the Wimbledon men’s doubles title in 2014.
- SSP Chawrasia has become only the second Indian golfer to successfully defend the Hero Indian Open title.
- He clinched a seven-stroke win at the redesigned DLF golf and country club in Gurgaon today.