Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 13th March 2017.
- Today (2nd Monday of March) is Commonwealth Day.
- The 52 countries of the Commonwealth celebrate Commonwealth Day.
- The year 2017 marks 40 years since Commonwealth Day became a global celebration marked on the same day every year: on the second Monday in March
- Theme of Commonwealth Day 2017 – ‘A Peace-building Commonwealth‘
- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has today announced that the 2016 was worst year yet for Syria’s children.
- UNICEF’s Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa, Geert Cappelaere said in Homs that millions of children come under attack on a daily basis and six million are now relying on humanitarian aid.
- Japan is planning to dispatch its largest warship on a three-month tour through the South China Sea starting from May to test its capability.
- It is Japan’s biggest show of naval force in the region since the second World War.
- This comes amid rising tensions between the US and China over freedom of navigation in the sea.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 13th March 2017 are provided below:
- The Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly is set to have 38 women MLAs.
- This is the highest number for the state since Independence.
- Thirty-two female candidates from BJP won, while two each from BSP and Congress, and one each from Apna Dal and the Samajwadi Party were elected.
The New Appointments list as on this day are as follows:
- Goa Governor Mridula Sinha today appointed Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar as the new Chief Minister of Goa.
- Parrikar has been asked to prove majority within 15 days after taking oath with the swearing in ceremony likely to be held tomorrow.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has been given the additional charge of the Defence Ministry after President Pranab Mukherjee accepted Manohar Parrikar’s resignation.
- Note : Jaitley had headed the Defence Ministry from May 2014 to November 2014 before Parrikar was appointed to the post.
Banking & Economic Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has removed the cash withdrawal limits for the savings bank accounts starting today.
- Important Points to Note :
- The limit was increased to ₹50,000 per week from February 20.
- The RBI had ended cash withdrawal limits for current account holders from February 1.
- The limits on bank withdrawals were placed after the demonetisation of old ₹500 and ₹1,000 notes.
Science & Technology
- Africa has got its own domain name ‘.africa‘ for the continent 32 years after the world’s first domain name was registered.
- The domain name ‘.africa’ will be used to reflect a company’s interest in the whole of Africa.
- Note : According to the World Bank, sub-Saharan Africa has one of the lowest rates of internet penetration in the world.