Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 19th March 2017.
- Norway is going to construct the world’s first ship tunnel to improve safety in the Stad peninsula.
- The 1.7-kilometre-long Stad Ship Tunnel will be capable of accommodating 16,000-tonne freight and passenger ships.
- The Norwegian Coastal Administration will embark on a feasibility study for the project, which is expected to cost approximately NOK 2 billion (around ₹1,548 crore).
- The SRCC’s Global Millennium Summit 2017 was concluded today at Marriott Hotel, Al Jaddaf, Dubai.
- The two day summit was held during 18th and 19th March 2017.
- Inaugural ceremony was addressed by Vijay Goel (Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports).
- Indian Ambassador to UAE, Navdeep Suri addressed the concluding session of the summit.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 19th March 2017 are provided below:
- The Punjab cabinet has decided to provide 33 per cent reservation for Women in all government jobs.
- The decision was taken in the first cabinet meeting chaired by Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh at Chandigarh.
- In a bid to end VIP culture in the state, the Punjab Cabinet has also decided to ban the use of beacons on government vehicles, foreign travel of ministers for two years and hosting banquets at state expense.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced that all devices using Aadhaar authentication will have to adhere to its new encryption standards from June 1.
- The move is aimed at adding another security layer to the hardware which is used for biometric-based digital payments.
- The Delhi High Court has ruled that parents can evict their abusive adult children from their property.
- Note : A 2007 law had left it to state governments to frame rules to protect the life and property of senior citizens.
The New Appointments list as on this day are as follows:
- BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath today took oath as the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- He replaced Samajwadi Party leader Akhilesh Yadav as the CM.
- Apart from him, BJP leaders Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma were also sworn in as the Deputy Chief Ministers.
Science & Technology
- Dubai Airports, which manages both the Dubai International and Al Maktoum International airports, has launched the world’s fastest free Wi-Fi service across its terminals with speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- Called the ‘WOW-Fi‘, the service provides Wi-Fi speed about ten times faster than many households have in the UAE.
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi at Dubai airports was launched in December 2016.
Business & Economic Affairs
- The Hinduja brothers, Gopichand and Srichand of the Hinduja Group have been ranked the richest Asians in UK in 2017 with an estimated $23.5 billion (₹1.5 lakh crore), an annual list of Britain’s richest Asians revealed.
- Sandeep Mathrani, the Indian-American CEO of property firm General Growth Properties, has been ranked fourth among the top 25 overpaid CEOs in the US, by non-profit organisation ‘As You Sow’.
- Mathrani, with a total compensation of ₹257 crore in 2016, is overpaid by ₹170 crore.
- Note : Mass media company CBS’ CEO Leslie Moonves has topped the list.
- American rock and roll legend Chuck Berry (90) passed away.
- Often called the father of rock and roll, Berry’s hits included ‘Johnny B Goode’, ‘Roll Over Beethoven’ and ‘School Days’.
- NASA paid tribute to late American singer-songwriter Chuck Berry by including his song ‘Johnny B Goode‘ to ‘Music from Earth‘ in the deep-space Voyager mission.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports updates as on 19th March 2017 are as follows:
- Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators has removed 41-time Ranji winners Mumbai as Full Member of BCCI and granted it Associate status.
- As per the Lodha Committee recommendations, only one association from a state is permitted Full Membership, with the Maharashtra Cricket Association representing the state.
- Note : Bihar, Telangana and all Northeastern states have been given Full Membership.