Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 2nd December 2016.
- Today is International Day for the Abolition of Slavery.
- This day has been adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations convention for the prevention of the human trafficking and of the exploitation of the human being and of others.
- This Day was first celebrated in 1986.
- The focus of this day is on eradicating contemporary forms of slavery, such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, the worst forms of child labour, forced marriage, and the forced recruitment of children for use in armed conflict.
- Theme of the year 2016 : “Remember Slavery: Celebrating the Heritage and Culture of the African Diaspora and its Roots“
- Thailand’s Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn was formally proclaimed as King Rama X, the 10th king of the Chakri dynasty.
- Vajiralongkorn was proclaimed king after he accepted the invitation from the country’s parliament.
- The coronation ceremony for King Rama X will take place next year after his recently-deceased father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s cremation.
- The UNESCO today included Yoga in its ‘List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity‘.
- UNESCO also included Beer culture in Belgium, Bhojpuri folk songs in Mauritius, and Carnival of Granville in France among others in the list this year.
- List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity from India :
- Buddhist chanting of Ladakh : recitation of sacred Buddhist texts in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Chhau dance : classical Indian dance originated in the eastern Indian states.
- Kalbelia : folk songs and dances of Rajasthan
- Koodiyattam : Sanskrit Theatre of Kerala
- Mudiyett : theatre ritual of Kerala
- Ramlila : Traditional Performance of the Ramayana.
- Ramman : religious festival and ritual theatre of Garhwal Himalayas.
- Sankirtana : singing, drumming and dancing ritual of Manipur.
- Tradition of Vedic Chanting.
- Traditional brass and copper craft of utensil of Thatheras of Punjab.
- Russia‘s Interior Ministry has announced that fingerprinting will become a compulsory procedure for all foreigners arriving in the country, starting next year.
- This reportedly will improve law enforcement, including blocking suspected terrorists and preventing illegal migration.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 2nd December 2016 are as follows:
- Today is National Pollution Control Day
- This day is celebrated every year in India in order to give the honor and memorialize the thousands of human beings who had lost their existence because of the Bhopal gas calamity.
- Bhopal gas tragedy was happened in the night of 2nd and 3rd December in the year 1984 because of the unintentional discharge of the poisonous chemical known as Methyl Isocyanate (also called MIC) as well as some other chemicals released from the Union Carbide Chemical Plant positioned in the city.
- Vittiya Saksharata Abhiyan (VISAKA) was launched by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development (HRD) to make people aware about cashless economic system.
- It was launched by Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- The Hornbill Festival began in the Naga Heritage village of Kisama, coinciding with Nagaland Statehood Day.
- The annual festival aims to promote tourism in the state, and pays tribute to the Hornbill, revered by the Nagas.
- NITI Aayog today scrapped the old five-year plan scheme and unveiled a new vision, strategy document along with an action plan for the country, Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya said.
New Appointments list as on 2nd December 2016 are as follows:
- The government today appointed Gujarat-cadre 1984 batch IPS officer Rakesh Asthana as the Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Awards & Honors
- Cheng Wei, Co-founder and CEO of Chinese ride-hailing giant Didi Chuxing has been named Forbes Asia’s 2016 Businessman of the Year.
- Singer Katy Perry was honoured with the ‘Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award‘ for her work as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador at a UNICEF event in New York today.
- She was presented the award by 2016 Democratic US Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
- The second Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Ideologist Award for the year 2016 was awarded to Prof. Yu Long Yu of China.
- He was presented with this award by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
Business & Economic Affairs
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced the ‘Jio Money Merchant Solutions‘ app for small merchants and shop owners to receive payments from users of Jio Money e-wallet.
- It will enable person-to-person transfers and transactions at places like mandis and bus ticket counters.
- The app, which will launch on December 5, is expected to be used by 10 million merchants.
- Andhra Pradesh’s Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, which manages the Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple in Tirupati, has roped in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to manage the upsurge in donations after demonetization.
- TCS will provide electronic modes of donations to the visiting pilgrims.
- The temple has also made arrangements for e-donations, e-hundi, e-challan, e-darshan, e-accommodation and e-seva.
Science & Technology
- The Internet Archive, which keeps a store of everything on the internet, announced plans to shift its data to Canada from the US, to keep it “safe” after Donald Trump was elected US President.
- Trump had earlier suggested “closing up” the internet to prevent children and ISIS recruiters from using it.
- Bengaluru-based aerospace startup Team Indus has become the first private entity to secure a dedicated Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle from ISRO.
- Team Indus is the only Indian team in Google’s $20 million Lunar XPRIZE competition to become the first privately funded team to land a robot on the Moon that successfully travels 500 meters.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates as on 2nd December 2016 are under:
- Norwegian chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen beat Russian grandmaster Sergey Karjakin to clinch his third consecutive World Chess Championship.
- Note : Carlsen last defeated Vishwanathan Anand in both the 2013 and 2014 World Chess Championships.
- The All-India Football Federation won the Asian Football Council’s Developing Member Association of the Year Award in Abu Dhabi today.
- The award is given on the basis of organisation of courses, seminars and competitions, grassroots, youth development and women’s programmes and special projects.
- In 2014, AIFF had earlier won the AFC President’s Recognition Award for grassroots football.
- Former Pakistani pacer Wasim Akram has been appointed as the Sri Lankan cricket team’s bowling mentor, ahead of the team’s tour to South Africa.